Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• TrouveurTrouveur Member Posts: 482
    Grond0 wrote: »
    Trouveur wrote: »
    Hello !

I decided to try a no reload run for the first time.
    Welcome and good luck B).
    To my surprise, I can't ressurrect Branwen, although she is still in my party with the portrait grayed out. What can prevent a ressurrection ?

Assuming you actually had the cash to pay for it, you should have been able to raise her. You could try using ctrl+R if you've got console commands enabled - that should remove any negative effects on her that might be interfering.
    Thank you, I will try this. I don"t want to "cheat", but I was certain that permadeath remove NPC from the party screen.
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    Grond0 wrote: »
    Hello !

I decided to try a no reload run for the first time.
    Welcome and good luck B).
    To my surprise, I can't ressurrect Branwen, although she is still in my party with the portrait grayed out. What can prevent a ressurrection ?

Assuming you actually had the cash to pay for it, you should have been able to raise her. You could try using ctrl+R if you've got console commands enabled - that should remove any negative effects on her that might be interfering.
    Thank you, I will try this. I don"t want to "cheat", but I was certain that permadeath remove NPC from the party screen.

You are right. If you are worried about cheating you can always adjust the gold that you have to pay for resurrection using EE Keeper.
    Trouveur
    @Trouveur When an NPC is killed, pick up the equipment and put it in a nearby container. [A cupboard or chest] That stops you losing it. The wand of ice should only be used when the enemy has a lot of HP otherwise you can indeed lose their equipment. {There is a mod that stops that happening but I choose not to use it} No reloads is indeed a different kettle of fish, but nowadays I wouldn't play any other way. It makes success so much more sweet. :)
    The strange thing is that Minsc's stuff immediatly disappeared. I suspect a level 10 Chromatic Orb which petrify, but then why was Minsc killed and not petrify ?
    Yeah, I will remember to not use Ice Wand unless emergency cases.

It needn't be an emergency. If you use it against Bassilus or Mullahey at the BEGINNING of the battle they usually survive. You can then use other spells to finish them off.
    Trouveur
  • SouplesseSouplesse Member Posts: 131
    Oh my god @Trouveur ! Damn it ! Here you are ! I red a lot of your old posts on « la couronne de cuivre »! Always interesting stuffs about Bard or so ! Wow it was like 10 years ago... internet is so magic.
    Sorry for the off topic guys.
    Adam_en_tiumWise_GrimwaldTrouveurGrond0
  • TrouveurTrouveur Member Posts: 482
    Souplesse wrote: »
    Oh my god @Trouveur ! Damn it ! Here you are ! I red a lot of your old posts on « la couronne de cuivre »! Always interesting stuffs about Bard or so ! Wow it was like 10 years ago... internet is so magic.
    Sorry for the off topic guys.
    Thank you !

Mind you, I also have currently a Blade in chapter 5 for a unmodded trilogy run. ;-)
    Souplesse
  • Corey_RussellCorey_Russell Member Posts: 996
    @Wise_Grimwald Remember that if you are engaging ankhegs with a PC character that doesn't have excellent armor class, it's a really good idea to use protection from acid scroll you can get from Thalantyr. Also, for maximum protection from their acid spits, have max missile defense - anyone can use boots of avoidance or belt of piercing or cloak of displacement, for example. Finally, for best defense in melee, use max blunt defense such as girdle of bluntness. If your character is not a fighter character you might also want potion of absorption (+10 defense to blunt attacks). Hope this helps!
    AerakarTrouveurWise_Grimwald
  • ussnorwayussnorway Member Posts: 341
    petrify kills for good when you take any damage which can happen for many reasons like a rage ending
    AerakarGrond0TrouveurWise_Grimwald
  • alice_ashpoolalice_ashpool Member Posts: 261
    jaypee wrote: »
    Balin Magicbane, a solo Wizard Slayer - Final Part
    Ouch! those golem squads are e.v.i.l. - I am being reminded of the power of the monks immunity to slow when I read this, something I have been taking for granted!
    Grond0Wise_GrimwaldMantis37
  • alice_ashpoolalice_ashpool Member Posts: 261
    edited March 2021
    Pontificating - this is basically it for the Underdark, no more difficult combat, so Anastasia really is in SoA end game territory and almost at the level cap.

Plan as follows:
    1. Leave underdark
    2. Watchers keep for Machine of Lum the Mad and Hindo's Doom + Angurvadal
    3. Bhodi
    4. Irenicus

I don't really see any need for Firkraag or Tor'gal, just risking death on unnecessary fights. Throne of Bhaal on the horizon for our intrepid Dark Moon Monk, just got to keep it together.
    Wise_GrimwaldAerakarBorco