Skip to content

Experience erased?

Has anyone experienced this before? I was playing with a small party and everyone had about 350,000 experience after Troll Claw woods.

I then noticed after Boarskyre bridge that my 2 clerics - Viconia and Glint - had dropped down to 150,000 experience points from out of nowhere. Everyone else was getting close to 400,000 (charname, Minsc, Dynaheir, Corwin).

I tried Greater Restoration, saving/reloading, exiting/re-entering the game, but nothing changed. As did not want to go all the way back to the last save where they had their experience, I used EEKeeper to correct the erasure.

Any ideas where this behavior came from? Was it an enemy or game effect? I play with a light mod installation, mainly SCS and some of CD Tweaks. I have played SOD about 10 times and never encountered this before.

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    did you get level drained somewhere? someone had this exact same issue happen to them when they got level drained in SoA using mods, and they also had SCS and possibly some other mods, so perhaps its one of your mods doing this
    JuliusBorisov
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,014
    Thanks @sarevok57 and probably that is what happened, but not sure in which encounter or which component caused this to happen. I'm not sure if this effecting the clerics only was random or not.
    i've only played SoD a couple of times, but i recall there being a part where you could get level drained that fort area that you need to sneak into...?, and i think there is actually some sort of shades that can level drain you as well?
    Yes, I think it may have been the fort area, perhaps the wraith that spawns after the drain spell is disabled, or perhaps a hangover from the original spell drain. Somehow they were level drained 2 levels and it was not showing up on the character sheet.
    Aerakar wrote: »
    Yes, I think it may have been the fort area, perhaps the wraith that spawns after the drain spell is disabled, or perhaps a hangover from the original spell drain. Somehow they were level drained 2 levels and it was not showing up on the character sheet.

sounds like a possible mod bug to me
    AerakarJuliusBorisov
  • DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 605
    It always occurs to me after the cinematic of Bhaal, i think it could be an issue related to xp cap remover...
    Last walkthrough it occurred only to Corwin and Glint, while Minsc and Dynaheir where fine. It never happened to charname, so i never bothered so much about it.
    Aerakar
    Wow @Daevelon I think that is exactly about when it occurred, or sometime in Bridgefort for sure.

I do use the xp cap remover from Tweaks Anthology, amongst other components. I usually only mod with SCS, Tweaks, and the items and encounters from Rogue Rebalancing and Song and Silence.
    sarevok57Daevelon