Skip to content

[(BG1) REQUEST] Safana recruitment and quest could use some improvement

TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
edited November 2012 in Fixed
If we talk to Safana with no male NPC in our party we get the following dialogue:

"Safana- Hmm, the men in this part of the world are fine specimens, aren't they? They grow them bigger here than where I come from. If you find any fighting ready men on your travels, could you send them my way? I have need of able bodied men for a treasure hunt of sorts."

And the dialogue ends.

This is very different than what we get if we have a male NPC in the party, in which we have a series of dialogues where she asks for our help to hunt for treasure.

However, the second time we talk to Safana, regardless of whether we have a male NPC in our party, she gives the same dialogue asking for our help.
Post edited by Tanthalas on

Comments

• TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    This seems like an oversight that was also present in vanilla BG1. To me it seems like the original intention was for Safana to only offer her quest if we had a male NPC in the party.

Desired Behaviour:

I think that the Safana recruitment conditions should be changed so that if you don't have a male NPC in your party, she will just keep giving you this dialogue, and never offer you her quest:

"Safana- Hmm, the men in this part of the world are fine specimens, aren't they? They grow them bigger here than where I come from. If you find any fighting ready men on your travels, could you send them my way? I have need of able bodied men for a treasure hunt of sorts."

I think this would be more in line with the original intention and it would also be more in character for Safana.
  • SethDavisSethDavis Member Posts: 1,812
    Potentially fixed - Safana now only gives the quest when there is a male in the party.

NOTE - The way that this has been changed makes the player response "we still have no interest..." a bit odd as they weren't given the option before. Removing the still will make things ok.
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    @SethDavis - I'll drop @Dave's name to make sure he sees this ;-)
  • DaveDave Member Posts: 200
    I'll put that on the wish list, but I don't think it'll be a high priority for initial release. Thanks for tagging me!
    Scratch that reply--I found the text more easily than I expected, and it's sorted!
    edited November 2012
    Safana only being recruitable with a male NPC in the party has been fixed. She now never joins the party if no male NPC is in it.

NOTE: I could see no change to the dialogue.

@Dave
    What exactly was the change? Maybe it was so subtle that I didn't see it.
    Post edited by Tanthalas on
  • SethDavisSethDavis Member Posts: 1,812
    Doesn't look like that made it in
    I thought I'd simply removed the "still," but I see it's still there. Killed it. Let's see in the next version whether it's undying.
  • BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
    Confirmed Not Fixed... this build heh... The Undead Stillness...
    The dialogue change still isn't there in Build 0815
    @Jalily

Could you check if the dialogue mentioned in this discussion has been changed? This one has been around for a long time.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    edited November 2012
    Yep, the dialogue's been changed. I also spawned Safana in my game and am able to confirm that the "still" is gone.