Skip to content

[SoD 2.5] Fighter/Mage can't use bows or Elven Chain

AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
edited March 2021 in Troubleshooting
Hello, everyone.

I've just started a Siege of Dragonspear playthrough with an elven Fighter/Mage character. This was straight-up Siege of Dragonspear; not an imported save from Baldur's Gate.

For whatever reason, even though my character starts with an Elven Chain equipped, its icon is marked red and it gets unequipped when the character levels up. Similarly, all bows are marked red and cannot be equipped even though my character meets the class and strength requirements. I even have a pip in long bows.

Has anybody else encountered the same issue?

I'm using Tweaks Anthology but I can't think of a component that would cause this.

I tried using Near Infinity to check on the Elven Chain's restrictions and they all appeared to be in order. Removing the restriction to the pure Mage class also did nothing; removing all restrictions worked, but I can't go do it for every bow in the game.

Comments

• AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    Looks like the issue with bows fixed itself somehow... Weird.
    It appears to be an issue with quick saving / quick loading.

Every time I quick load, there's some item that my character suddenly can't use anymore. Sometimes it's the elven chain, sometimes it's the bow, and sometimes it's the katanas.

After enough quick loads, everything goes back to normal.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    This is a mod issue, I can't repro it in the unmodded install.
    I thought the same. I'm trying to work out which mod is causing this.

I had a Tweaks Anthology component that let you change the naming pattern for quick saves that I thought was the culprit, but uninstalling it didn't make a difference. The debugging continues...

Thank you for trying to repro, @JuliusBorisov
    I'll leave this here in case somebody else runs into the same issue and finds this thread via a search.

This was 100% mod related.

I tried uninstalling all mods but that didn't fix the issue, so I restored the installation using the "verify/repair" from the Beamdog client instead. I then reinstalled the mods in a different order and everything's hunky dory.

Something must have gone wrong the first time around for whatever reason.