Skip to content

Killing the Pirate Lord Desharik before entering Spellhold?

I really hate this scumbag for what he did to the town. Is there any downside to killing him before entering Spellhold? I can get in with the wardstone after all. I don't mind having to fight some foes while getting in.

It's unfortunate that there's no "story conforming" way (with related dialogue etc.) to kill him before going in with the wardstone.

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    I'm pretty sure the game doesn't even acknowledge his "death", and he's back for the escape sequence. That's a different creature according to the game, after all.
    Taylan
  • MrBaquanMrBaquan Member Posts: 42
    edited April 2021
    Oops, I misread.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579
    edited April 2021
    Taylan wrote: »
    Is there any downside to killing him before entering Spellhold?

I remember killing him at least once and I don't recall any substantial downside. In fact, I think I got a good item or two out of it IIRC.

• SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    edited May 2021
    he has nothing worthwhile and it causes no consequence. He even comes back for the little sequence if you take Saemon's path.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    Taylan wrote: »
    I really hate this scumbag for what he did to the town. Is there any downside to killing him before entering Spellhold? I can get in with the wardstone after all. I don't mind having to fight some foes while getting in.

It's unfortunate that there's no "story conforming" way (with related dialogue etc.) to kill him before going in with the wardstone.

the only downside of killing him before going into spell hold is that you get a HUGE amount of XP for going the Desharik route, if you go the wardstone route you only get 20 000 XP for killing the wizerd for his wardstone ( and i guess 11 000 XP for Desharik )

so if you don't mind missing out of XP then i suppose it doesn't really matter