Skip to content

Mod Install Order Help?

PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
edited April 2021 in BGII:EE Mods
I'm planning on starting a fairly heavily modded (for me, anyway) instance once 2.6 is formally released. I've already selected the mods that I know I want
  1. BG1 Mini Quests and Encounters baldurs-gate-mini-quests-and-encounters-modification-v24.zip
  2. BG1 NPC Project bg1npc-v25.zip
  3. Enhanced Edition Trilogy v1.0RC12.2.zip
  4. Check the Bodies check-the-bodies-3.0.zip
  5. Dark Side of the Sword Coast dark-side-of-the-sword-coast-v4.1.zip
  6. Northern Tales of the Sword Coast northern-tales-of-the-sword-coast-4.2.0.zip
  7. Shadows Over Soubar shadows-over-soubar-1.15.zip
  8. SoD to BG2 Item Upgrade sod2bg2_iu-v1.2.0.exe
  9. IWD-ification iwdification-Beta_6.exe
  10. Sword Coast Stratagems stratagems-33.7.exe
  11. Jimfix jimfix-v2-5.zip
  12. World Map Mod worldmap-mod-v10.2.6.zip
I... think this is the correct install order? I've never done something this intensive by hand before (it's always been with toolkit help) but I had a bad experience with the automated tools the last time I tried using them and I would rather not have to repeat the experience given the relatively small number of mods I'm installing.

Comments

• PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    The install order that I wound up using was:
    1. BG1 Mini Quests and Encounters baldurs-gate-mini-quests-and-encounters-modification-v24.zip
    2. BG1 NPC Project bg1npc-v25.zip
    3. Enhanced Edition Trilogy v1.0RC12.2.zip
    4. Check the Bodies check-the-bodies-3.0.zip
    5. Dark Side of the Sword Coast dark-side-of-the-sword-coast-v4.1.zip
    6. Northern Tales of the Sword Coast northern-tales-of-the-sword-coast-4.2.0.zip
    7. Shadows Over Soubar shadows-over-soubar-1.15.zip
    8. IWD-ification iwdification-Beta_6.exe
    9. World Map Mod worldmap-mod-v10.2.6.zip
    10. EET-end
    11. Sword Coast Stratagems stratagems-33.7.exe
    12. Jimfix jimfix-v2-5.zip

I took out SoD to BG2 Item Upgrade since it threw an error, but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have thrown the error if I slotted it in after EET-end (which as it turns out for my setup was a prerequisite to Stratagems anyway).
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    @Pokota both bgqe and BG1NPC can be installed on EET directly. Only known problem for BG1NPC is a missing cre-file which you can add manually to your override folder from here (or replace the there attachd tpa inside the mod package before installing to fix the bug, if you know what you are doing).
    Both mods should import fine though, if you install them on BG:SoD first.

I think the install order is fine.