Skip to content

PS4 / Switch Patch Plans? (2.6)

Hello, I'm new to these forums as a poster (long time lurking), but not new to these amazing games. Owned them all when it was Black Isle for PC, even ID2 (rip source code...remake?). I have also loaded up the full collection on my IOS and switch (physical copies!). I am really happy that support and development continues on for these titles. I understand that PC/Mac will be first to get the new 2.6 patches, followed by IOS/Android.

Question 1: Are there still plans to update PS4/Switch ports? I really hope they will continue on this parallel track. Thank you again for all the hard work.

Question 2: I'd love to help test on IOS / Switch or is it mainly just making tweaks to port it over? Do you have to own it on steam to test on steam? Thanks again.

Question 3: Specifically the IOS port, it is currently impossible to delete character files except by full game data wipe (saves can be managed and deleted). Any plans to add that functionality? (BG1, haven't tested on any other games)

PS. RIP invisible jester while playing song
BoggartBearenhancedgamerx

Comments

• _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    Question 3: Specifically the IOS port, it is currently impossible to delete character files except by full game data wipe (saves can be managed and deleted). Any plans to add that functionality?

Yes, there is hope for this... I mean, in the current version of NWN:EE you can browse mod files and the like using the Files app, so I think it is reasonable to assume the same functionality will be ported to the other games...
    StummvonBordwehr
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    We haven't announced plans to update PS4/Xbox/Switch ports.

More details on the iOS testing will be available later, once we finish the testing on PC. There have been beta tests of NWN:EE on iOS lately-- and the requirement is to have the game purchased from the App Store and apply for our testing.

Can't comment regarding exact features of the iOS port at this time.
  • kokarol91kokarol91 Member Posts: 24
    @JuliusBorisov is there a chance that you will soon add a translation of bg sog to consoles? I mean exactly the Polish translation
  • BobownzBobownz Member Posts: 1
    Please patch the console versions.
    BoggartBear
  • BoggartBearBoggartBear Member Posts: 1
    Updates on the Switch versions of Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale would be much appriciated.
  • Alex3917Alex3917 Member Posts: 1
    An update to the switch version would be great. Especially since it's a very good port, and might be the best way to play the series right now for most people who just have laptops and not dedicated gaming computers with external mice / keyboards.
  • cha0z_cha0z_ Member Posts: 27
    We haven't announced plans to update PS4/Xbox/Switch ports.

More details on the iOS testing will be available later, once we finish the testing on PC. There have been beta tests of NWN:EE on iOS lately-- and the requirement is to have the game purchased from the App Store and apply for our testing.

Can't comment regarding exact features of the iOS port at this time.

More is always better, but tbh just adding 2.6 stuff + better fullscreen support is more than enough imho. Will use the opportunity to add that if you can add fullscreen support for planescape on the iphones from the last 4 years (without any other changes) - it will be also more than great! When the time is right just give the signal and we will test out what you need on ios (own all of the games/content for them).
  • TheRogTheRog Member Posts: 1
    Yes please!
    I love these games on the Switch.

Sorry if it's kinda spammy and I repeat myself too much, but @JuliusBorisov - any news at all about the ios port? From a lot of time now the android beta is out, so I am genuinely wondering where in the pipeline ios version stands?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Sorry, no news for now. We're still working on the Android build - there is a problem with importing of characters on Android 11, plus performance issues when you open a map.
    cha0z_
    Sorry, no news for now. We're still working on the Android build - there is a problem with importing of characters on Android 11, plus performance issues when you open a map.

Thanks for the update + on the positive side you will have the new iphone released that is expected to have different notch (smaller one) and you can test to be sure all is good with that too. After all those updates are released to be played in years to come, no rush.
    JuliusBorisovStummvonBordwehr
  • kokarol91kokarol91 Member Posts: 24
    Can anyone tell me why there is no Polish localization added to Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear for consoles? from what I saw other locations added in patch 2.6 are on the console and work, so I'm wondering about it, it's a bit annoying waiting a few months for it, knowing that the Polish version is already on pc