Skip to content

icewind dale character to baldur's gate [ee's]

nightlessdreamsnightlessdreams Member Posts: 6
In my opinion, the infinity engine games always were too hard, since those were made for groups.

So, I'm starting in Icewind Dale and then go to Baldur's Gate from there, with my character. Soloing.

Is this still possible in the enhanced editions? I was thinking of a 62 points character:

A 10, 12, 10, 10, 10, 08. Maybe dex 14 start value. TN Fighter. Short sword + bracers of armor.

Post edited by nightlessdreams on

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    I wouldn't expect it to work at all. While the character formats are pretty similar, the items are completely different and some character classes have different abilities.

Also, the BG series is designed to be played with a single protagonist, who recruits a party from characters out there in the world. You meet three recruitable allies in the very first area after the Candlekeep intro.

Your proposed character is ... very weak. If you hit the random roll button, you will never have a total of less than 75. And the 2E bonuses for high attributes don't even start until about a 15 in any given stat. In fact, here are the strength scores for every companion with a warrior class (fighter, monk, ranger, paladin) you can recruit in BGEE:
    19, 18/93, 18/58, 18/12, 17, 16, 16, 16, 15, 15, 15, 14.
  • nightlessdreamsnightlessdreams Member Posts: 6
    edited April 2021
    I know the game. I'm even thinking of playing a 9,12,9,10,10,8 character. 58 points.

I haven't decided if I need Horror or Slow Poison as bhaalspawn abilities or random.
    Post edited by nightlessdreams on