Skip to content

Mods in the age of 2.6

AsaBMAsaBM Member Posts: 84
edited April 2021 in General Modding
Hey, all!

I enjoy my Baldur's Gate with a few choice mods. No huge overhauls or anything, but some fun stuff like BG1 NPC Project and Ascension. I was wondering if, with the game now 64-bit, I would need to reinstall my mods, possibly even wait for a relevant update to them. I don't know much about how the game's code really works, so anything would be helpful.

I am also posting this to "BG:EE Mods."
Post edited by Arvia on

Comments

• ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    Mods may be incompatible. You can copy your game folder before updating, to continue playing the modded setup with 2.5 and have 2.6 without mods. You can then try if some things work correctly with 2.6 or leave it vanilla until the mods are updated and compatible.
    JuliusBorisovAsaBM
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    Reinstalling mods for the new game version - yes. You don't want to just copy the override folders.

Most things should work, but there may be some incompatibilities. Larger mods are more susceptible, of course. For those issues, all you can really do is wait for the mod to update.
    AaemforeverJuliusBorisovAsaBM
  • AsaBMAsaBM Member Posts: 84
    OK, thanks!
  • AsaBMAsaBM Member Posts: 84
    jmerry wrote: »
    Reinstalling mods for the new game version - yes. You don't want to just copy the override folders.

Most things should work, but there may be some incompatibilities. Larger mods are more susceptible, of course. For those issues, all you can really do is wait for the mod to update.

One question I just thought of: do I need to run the Mod Merge tool again? It's still 32-bit.
  • morpheus562morpheus562 Member Posts: 249
    You will still need to use a merge tool, I recommend DLC Merger over modmerge. Also, Ascension will throw multiple warnings when you attempt to install it. I have gone ahead and created some hotfixes for it and a few other mods that can be found here: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/81935/mod-hotfixes-for-patch-v2-6/p1?new=1.
    JuliusBorisovArvia
  • BaptorBaptor Member Posts: 341
    jmerry wrote: »

Do we need to let any of the modders know if we find bugs? Currently some of the CDTweaks mod is not working with 2.6.
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    @Baptor
    Please tell mod authors and maintainers about any bugs you find! Let them know what game version and mod versions (that mod and other mods) you use!
    jasteyBaptor