Skip to content

My retail EE NWN game has gone to preloaded?

grom56grom56 Member Posts: 109
Hello;
My play button has changed to preloaded in the client. It's telling me that files are missing, moved or deleted. I can reload I guess to bought state but it will remove all mods. What mods are those? And where is these files at? I can't seem to find anything about what's missing and don't want to remove a bunch of mods if I can avoid it.

Thank you
Grom

Comments

• grom56grom56 Member Posts: 109
    As a follow up question... I was told this might be a DLL issue and uninstalling and reinstalling the game should clear this up. But since there is no disk to install from, how do I go about this?

Thank you;
    Grom
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Does the game launch from the .exe directly? Close the Beamdog Client and try that way.
    I will try this, I've always used the Client. Will let you know how it goes.

Thanks Julius Borisov!
    Hmmm.... could find a nwn.exe or a nwmain.exe or anything like it. I then used the client to open game location and was sent here: iebeyqfzg55z.png

Sorry, that is really big, first time trying that. Probably did it wrong. But that aside, I didn't see an .exe there either. I wonder if it got deleted somehow? Can I use an old copy from a back-up? If I can find it I mean! :smile:
    @JuliusBorisov I wanted to up date you, I found the nwmain.exe and was able to start and play the game using that. It was mainly my own fault, I kept looking for nwn.exe or nwnmain.exe. That extra "N" threw it off for sure!

Thanks again for your help, but is there anything I can now do to get the game back up and running in the client?

Grom
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Not sure what happened with the Client there. If you're happy with your mod setup then just wait until we release the next stable patch - you'll be able to update to that version and everything will come back to normal.
    Thanks @JuliusBorisov , I'm still not sure what you mean by MOD setup. Are you talking about the other games I have such as Infinite Dungeons or you talking about the haks that the PW I play on has had us add to our game? Or both? I'm always having to update the DLC's for my other games, and not sure why, or how to even play them as the PLAY button is always either Update DLC or DLC updated, never play.

That aside, I do think I know what happened to my Client and my game. I got something called OneDrive with my Microsoft 365 (word, excel and such) and when I started it, it made copies of my shortcuts, moved my files like the 00785 and others into a onedrive folder, pretty much trashing the path to run the game, I've been unable to figure out where those files are supposed to be, so have been trying to put things back in the right places, I'm just making a mess of the whole deal.

Quick question: Will the next stable patch auto update my client?

Thanks for all your great info @JuliusBorisov

Grom
    I just wanted to pop in and update my Client issue. After todays update, my client is now back up and running as normal! I no longer have that "preloaded" button, it's back to "Play"! Thanks @JuliusBorisov for your help and info on this problem!

Grom
    edited May 2021
    No worries, Grom! Happy playing!