Skip to content

[Release] Difficulty and Tweak mod ver 7

13»

Comments

• WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173

Wilbur said:

@Borsook I'm having problems installing the mod. I have the game installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\BeamDog\Games\00766\ where I also unpacked the mod. When I try to install the component for incresed HPs it gives the following error message:

Installing [Increased Enemies'HP -> Add 25% to Enemies'HP]

Copying over a dummy file to make it easier for other mods to see if this component is installed.
    Copying 1 file ...

No IE game has been detected. Please contact the author.

@Wilbur‌ I was having the same problem, I've used this mod before, one time I was going to use it in a megamod installation so the new enemies would be very hard to kill but no, didn't install. So I did some reading on the tp2 file and saw that the exe file the installer searches for is BGEE.exe so I renamed the file and done, it installed correctly.

I'm going to leave the weidu log so you can see my solution worked around.
    Thank you very much. I'm not using this (obviously since I didn't get it workin :smile: ) in my current play through, but I'll do a test intallation on my other PC and tell you if it worked later. Thanks again!
  • BlackskullBlackskull Member Posts: 14
    I can't download it. The link was corrupted :(
  • Alexander12Alexander12 Member Posts: 38
    edited May 2015
    The download link doesn't work(((
  • who_is_danielwho_is_daniel Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 98
    Is anyone currently using this mod?

It sounds really good.
    I will take that as a no
    edited June 2015
    Borsook said:

UPDATE - updated the mod to Ver7, the only change is added BG2EE compatibility.

This is a mod that allows you to change item stacking, enemies HPs, AC, Saves and Thac0 plus some other tweaks. It allows you to set how much you want to change it. Please read the readme before installing, it will work with any IE game, including BGEE, since it's Weidu mod it will work with any version, including future patches.

I did not have a chance to test it that much with BGEE, so if you think some enemy is not modified, or some neutral creature is please let me know.

Readme: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xsv1adty58gkvry/readme-DiffTweak.html

Install: https://www.dropbox.com/s/s8212fhmqsuqllr/Diff_Tweak.exe

or a zipped version:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9kdkjaov1urttnk/Diff_Tweak.zip

You can also find the install file attached, just change its extension from txt to exe

Hmm seems like the download link is not working

• BorsookBorsook Member Posts: 152
    Sorry about the link, I was out of PC gaming for a long time. The mod can be found here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q72jpl1q2fj53lv/Diff_Tweak.zip?dl=0

I've corrected some install problems cropping up and I'm starting another BGEE run so I will make sure everything works as it should.
    Thank you for updating the link :)

I really like this mod on my pc; I personally would love it if the diffrent components/options could be broken up into directorys/folders that could then be installed by copying into the Override directory (not using Weidu) and therefore be compatible with the Android version.
    edited June 2015

Thank you for updating the link :)

I really like this mod on my pc; I personally would love it if the diffrent components/options could be broken up into directorys/folders that could then be installed by copying into the Override directory (not using Weidu) and therefore be compatible with the Android version.

Thanks, there are too many options all together to create such a version with all the options, plus this mod will work on all the games in the series. That said - you can run it on your PC, select the options and copy the override folder to your android version, it should work just fine. :)
    Oh, well heck that's a great solution! Thank you!
  • DrayenDrayen Member Posts: 127
    Great mod, I always wanted to have a mod that adds health to enemies... I always felt like the game can be much harder with tougher enemies, since you kill them so quickly...

Going to try with 100% bonus hp, I don't want to feel like it's tedious to kill a goblin either... I remember changing melissan's health to 1000 (4x more, she has 50% Damage reduction so it's like 2000 hp), put the game on easy difficulty... god damn it took forever to kill her only once I got bored.
    Drayen said:

Great mod, I always wanted to have a mod that adds health to enemies... I always felt like the game can be much harder with tougher enemies, since you kill them so quickly...

Going to try with 100% bonus hp, I don't want to feel like it's tedious to kill a goblin either... I remember changing melissan's health to 1000 (4x more, she has 50% Damage reduction so it's like 2000 hp), put the game on easy difficulty... god damn it took forever to kill her only once I got bored.

Glad to hear that! And yes, when you move through the game you may want to switch to different value as e.g. 50% more health with early enemies is nice but with late game ones can make the fights too long. But you can just run the mods exe file mid-game, choose a different value and it will work.
    Just want to say I liked this mod, 100% more hp to enemies was definitely more challenging.. a bit annoying at the early beginning since it just made some fights boringly longer, but it got decent early-mid game.. and id say lategame went back to being too easy, although melissan was somewhat challenging (Playing at core rules, not abusing pfmw, using NPCs not a self-made party) since she was summoning monsters almost as the same speed i killed them.

I'll definitely add this mod to my usual playthroughs.. maybe next time i'll make something like +50% hp on insane... I've never been a fan of the tactics mod so this gave me much fun!
    Drayen said:

Just want to say I liked this mod, 100% more hp to enemies was definitely more challenging.. a bit annoying at the early beginning since it just made some fights boringly longer, but it got decent early-mid game.. and id say lategame went back to being too easy, although melissan was somewhat challenging (Playing at core rules, not abusing pfmw, using NPCs not a self-made party) since she was summoning monsters almost as the same speed i killed them.

I'll definitely add this mod to my usual playthroughs.. maybe next time i'll make something like +50% hp on insane... I've never been a fan of the tactics mod so this gave me much fun!

Thanks. The idea here is that you would change it as you go through the game. So I start with 50%, then change it up to 100% and so on :)
    Haha makes sense... Melissan must be a beast at 300%.. At any rate I was glad i couldn't beat her in 6 seconds anymore (4 greater whirlwinds and 2 energy blades)
  • agb1agb1 Member Posts: 249
    @Borsook - the dropbox links have expired. Can you provide new links please?
    agb1 said:

@Borsook - the dropbox links have expired. Can you provide new links please?

Sorry for the terrible delay, here you go:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/an1hcwvfhzexm9u/Diff_Tweak.zip?dl=0
    Any chance of this mod being updated to work with Siege of Dragonspear and the new patch?

Any chance of this mod being updated to work with Siege of Dragonspear and the new patch?

Doesn't it work with them? It should. If not - I can check the compatibility with new patch, this should be fairly simple, as for the expansion - don't have it yet, when I do I will test it (but don't hold your breath, I basically moved to boardgames so I don't buy computer games without huge discounts, so it might take a year or so). Still knowing IE if it works with the patch it should work with the expansion, I'll test it over the weekend.
  • MercilecMercilec Member Posts: 55
    I am not sure i understand what exactly this mod does, can someone explain plz?.:/
  • Ludwig_IILudwig_II Member Posts: 369
    Hi, I always use this mod while playing BGEE and now I want to start an EET playthrough. Is this mod compatible with EET? Thanks
  • ZandosZandos Member Posts: 12
    I know its been 4 years since anyone last posted in this thread.
    Mod works for BGEE but for IWDEE it says no IE game is installed.
    There are no SCS or any other difficulty mods for icewind dale other than this one here.
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    Zandos wrote: »
    There are no SCS or any other difficulty mods for icewind dale other than this one here.

You might want to look at this mod...
  • JarinexJarinex Member Posts: 46
    So I was getting prepped for a run in BG and noticed that the mod link for this mod has been deleted. However, I thankfully had a backup of the file on me, so I thought I would share it with everyone. I found this mod quite useful for simple adjustments to stats, so it would be a shame if it disappeared. If the original modder comes back or wishes it deleted for whatever reason, let me know.

Here is the link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5hadm6kryo4b9ak/Diff_Tweak.zip?dl=0
  • James_MJames_M Member Posts: 140
    Please keep it on dropbox at that location forever! That is a precious mod.