Skip to content

Music Mod: does this exist?

AsaBMAsaBM Member Posts: 84
Hey, all.

I was wondering if there's a mod that makes the track "Bhaalspawn Battle" from TOB play when you fight Sarevok at the end of the game. I know this might be overly specific and maybe impossible (I don't know how modding BG1 works), but I figured I might as well ask.

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    i'm going to go with;
    yes

although what you would have to do is;
    edit the SONGLIST.IDS file and give the new track a name so the game can recognize it
    then you have to edit the SONGLIST.2DA file so then the game knows which track to use
    then you need to export the track in a folder with the .ACMs the track has
    and then you need to export the .MUS file the track is ( i'm going to guess by "exporting" that means you can just put it in the over ride folder and hope for the best )

beamdog was able to add new tracks to the game for their content, so it must be certainly doable, in fact in IWDEE the game has all the BG2 music files already in it, you just need to adjust a .ids or .2da and you are good to go
    AsaBM
  • AsaBMAsaBM Member Posts: 84
    OK, Sarevok, I have never made a BG mod before, but I will try it.

That said, if anyone else sees this thread and has a download link already, let me know.

My main concern is that the song that plays when you fight Sarevok ("The Last Battle") normally plays during many other fights. I wouldn't want Bhaalspawn Battle to play when I'm killing hobgoblins or something, but maybe it can be done.
    AsaBM wrote: »
    OK, Sarevok, I have never made a BG mod before, but I will try it.

That said, if anyone else sees this thread and has a download link already, let me know.

My main concern is that the song that plays when you fight Sarevok ("The Last Battle") normally plays during many other fights. I wouldn't want Bhaalspawn Battle to play when I'm killing hobgoblins or something, but maybe it can be done.

if you use Near Infinity to mod the last battle song for the last battle, then that will not be a problem, since you have to manually open up the area itself ( AR0125 ) and change the music for that area
    if you use Near Infinity to mod the last battle song for the last battle, then that will not be a problem, since you have to manually open up the area itself ( AR0125 ) and change the music for that area

Oh, awesome! That actually sounds really easy, I'll give it a shot.
    edited May 2021
    sarevok57 wrote: »
    i'm going to go with;
    yes

although what you would have to do is;
    edit the SONGLIST.IDS file and give the new track a name so the game can recognize it
    then you have to edit the SONGLIST.2DA file so then the game knows which track to use
    then you need to export the track in a folder with the .ACMs the track has
    and then you need to export the .MUS file the track is ( i'm going to guess by "exporting" that means you can just put it in the over ride folder and hope for the best )

beamdog was able to add new tracks to the game for their content, so it must be certainly doable, in fact in IWDEE the game has all the BG2 music files already in it, you just need to adjust a .ids or .2da and you are good to go

I cannot find either the SONGLIST.ids or SONGLIST.2da files. Help? I've kinda figured out Near Infinity, but can't change the song yet since it's not in the list.

EDIT: Just thought to say this: I dragged the song I want (vb) into both the music folder and the override folder just to be safe, and sure enough, I can play it in BG1 through Near Infinity. Just can't assign it to a map.

EDIT 2: Never mind, found em. I think it's good? I'll add a comment when I get the chance to test it.
    Post edited by AsaBM on
    @sarevok57 not sure if you get a notification if I quote your response, so this might be redundant.
    no worries, did you get it to work?
    edited May 2021
    sarevok57 wrote: »
    no worries, did you get it to work?
    Yes, I did! I will happily share my mod if I can figure out how.
    sarevok57