Skip to content

Aec'Letec Won't Die?

Is there a specific way Aec'Letec needs to be killed in SCS?

In my run, I kill all of the cultist guards and get him to near death, but then he just never dies. I keep hitting him with missiles, melee attacks, magic, he takes 100s of damage, but still doesn't die. Is there a specific way he needs to die or is this just a bug?

Comments

• ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    edited April 2021
    Did you update to 2.6? In that case, it's a known bug with SCS and the new patch, it's mentioned in the SCS thread and @Tresset made a hotfix for that.
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/1161068/#Comment_1161068
    As he explains there, just copy it into your override folder and you should be fine.

Edit: If you run into more issues with SCS and 2.6, I'd recommend checking that thread and posting your issues there. That doesn't mean you can't open a discussion of course, just saying that's where you find the known issues and possible solutions and where the author of the mod and others see quickly if you've discovered a new problem.
    SCARY_WIZARD
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    edited April 2021
    It's a bug; 2.6 changed the scripting around his death, and his altered script with SCS doesn't play nice with the new system.

There's a hotfix for this issue here. Or the next version of SCS should fix it, whenever that comes out.
    SCARY_WIZARD
  • VanDerBergVanDerBerg Member Posts: 217
    That's it, thank you very much! I do have 2.6 and SCS installed at the same time. I didn't know if this was a bug or the Improved Demon Cultists component changed the way he needs to be killed, so I was doing something wrong.
    Arvia
  • WasabiiiwuWasabiiiwu Member Posts: 4
    i tried the hotfix and it still appears Aec'Letec still appears to be invincible. Even tried using clua crtl-y whilst hovering over him, still won't die. I've got 2.6 & SCS installed.
  • TolarainTolarain Member Posts: 2
    Yup same here. I downloaded the hot fix and he is still immortal. I wailed on him for an extra 340 dmg to confirm. He can die until all the cultist are gone.. then he is immortal.
  • TolarainTolarain Member Posts: 2
    Correction and an apology, hotfix does work. I simply didn’t install it….