Skip to content

Golem's Bug in Tyrants of the Moonsea (Spoilers Here)

FelipefplFelipefpl Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 124
I told the golem to destroy the gate of Kur-Tharsu, he keeps moving against the door and no damage happens, anyone knows a way to fix this?

Comments

• WearyKBWearyKB Member Posts: 2
    did you ever work that out? I have same issue
  • FelipefplFelipefpl Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 124
    I was able to go forward thanks to another bug in the game, keep a character in the front of the gate and keep pressing W to make him/her go forward, he/she'll go through the door, it worked for me, dont worry because you wont need to go through the gate again. ;)
  • WearyKBWearyKB Member Posts: 2
    Wow! Impregnable gates. Can't destroy them but you can just walk through if you're stubborn enough. Thanks for replying. Really appreciate it. Thought I'd be ending my journey there.
    You are welcome, a pity that no dev reported if this bug was fixed or not, the reports of changes in the nwn EE only mention general fixes but not fixes for specific modules.
  • Prince_RaymondPrince_Raymond Member Posts: 437
    Does anyone know if a bug report about this issue had been filed? Most likely, it would be resolved if the developers were made aware of the issue. Then, they could report if the bug had been fixed or not. Thank you for reading, and happy (healthy) gaming to all.
    They surely know, after all, they read the forums. ;)
    edited May 2021
    @Felipefpl That is not enough. There needs a to be a documented and filed bug report for the developers to reference, so they may thoroughly investigate and track the issue. With so many bugs for them to resolve on a daily basis, It would be very easy to forget a few here and there if all they did was "read the forums". Do yourself a favor, friend. Report the bug here. Now. Thank you for reading, and happy (healthy) gaming to all.
    @Felipefpl That is not enough. There needs a to be a documented and filed bug report for the developers to reference, so they may thoroughly investigate and track the issue. With so many bugs for them to resolve on a daily basis, It would be very easy to forget a few here and there if all they did was "read the forums". Do yourself a favor, friend. Report the bug here. Now. Thank you for reading, and happy (healthy) gaming to all.

I know about the bug report's site but i saw several times here in the forum that the devs answer when someone reports a bug HERE, i stand by what i said. ;)
    @Felipefpl Fine. You do what you want. If I may make one last suggestion, it would probably help you to post your question regarding this bug in the "Ask Beamdog" topic of the forums. That way, you're more likely to get an answer from Mr. @JuliusBorisov. He's the appointed mouthpiece of the players to the devs. Thank you for reading, and happy (healthy) gaming to all.
  • LukeScullLukeScull Member Posts: 17
    We're investigating this issue at the moment - apologies for any inconvenience caused. Thanks!
    Well, that's a surprise. What happened to, "Please report any bugs you find at https://beamdog.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portals"? It kind of defeats the purpose of having a bug reporting site when players can simply report them on the forums, don't you think? Thank you for reading, and happy (healthy) gaming to all.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Hey @Prince_Raymond , a few notes:

- reporting via our support is the correct and best way
    - if the user doesn't want to do that, that's alright - we can't make everyone use our support site
    - but we're monitoring every possible place we can for the feedback and react accordingly
    - asking in the Ask Beamdog thread about a particular bug or feature is not recommended (as we've discussed with you a few times).
    @JuliusBorisov Thanks for both enlightening and reminding me, sir. You have a wonderful day.
    edited May 2021
    Hey Folks. Thanks for reporting this issue. Our lead programmer had a look and actually found 2 issues, which seem to have been brought about by engine changes Beamdog made to creature scaling. He fixed it in our in-house build today and our lead tester confirmed the fixes worked. The updated mod now has to go through a process to get rolled out to the various platforms (for desktop/mobile), so I don't have a time estimate as to how long it'll takes because the desktop module updates get synced with the official engine updates. Since that'll take a little while, players may have to stick with the "pressing W to push through the door" workaround for now. But if anyone has problems with getting that working, please contact us at info@ossianstudios.com and we'll help you resolve it. Emailing Ossian directly about issues in Daggerford or Tyrants is the fastest way for us to help you. Our lead designer, Luke Scull, was the one who happened to notice this topic a couple of days ago, but thanks to @JuliusBorisov who does his best to flag things for us too!
    - Alan

Thanks for telling that for us and also thanks for LukeScull for doing those nice 3 mods which i played/finished all in NWN 1.

I wished i had known about ossian's email before, this way i could have reported the several bugs i found at tyrants when they were still fresh in my mind, now i'll have to extract what i can from memory. :/

Edit - Will you release an improved version of siege of shadowdale/crimson tides of tethyr? I'd be interested in those. ;)