Skip to content

Halloween costumes then and now!

alannahsmithalannahsmith Member Posts: 143
Halloween is my favorite non-holiday holiday!

Last year I was Alice from Madness returns:
Photobucket
The year before that I was Pikachu:
Photobucket
This year I'm not dressing up :( due to money and time constraints.

What are some of your costumes?
ZinodinBrudeginger_hammerrexregFredjoExxo

Comments

• Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629
    I never really dressed up for Halloween, heh. Gotta say you're super cute as Pikachu. :p
    alannahsmithMedullaOblongata
  • ARKdeEREHARKdeEREH Member Posts: 531
    Last year I tried to go as Lex Luthor, but my electric razor broke when my head was half shaven. That made for an interesting next few days before I could get it fixed.
    alannahsmithUlfgar_TorunnBrudeMedullaOblongata
  • ZinodinZinodin Member Posts: 153
    Wow! Cool costumes, girl :)

I went as Gin Ichimaru from Bleach this year:

http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/25400000/gin-ichimaru-gin-25481869-1024-819.jpg

Sprayed my hair white/blue'ish, and put on a cool cosplay costume. :) At some point at the party, my friends went out for a smoke, and I took out my katana (tailored after the one he uses in the picture, except mine's a normal sized one. His is shorter. *Insert over-compensating for something joke here* Nah. I noticed too late after I bought it so shut up :P), and I slized off a snow-man's upper torso along with the head, clean off. SHWING. Two seconds later, it slid off like a cool anime or something. Easily one of the best drunk moments this year :)
    Brudealannahsmith
  • VedwintheTyrantVedwintheTyrant Member Posts: 50
    Some year I will be Yama Dharma from Lord of Light.
    alannahsmith
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    I'm going as an angry drunken hobo.

Minimal prep required.
    alannahsmithBelgarathMTHBrudeMedullaOblongata
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Last year I was the Tenth Doctor dressed in his jammies, complete with the satsuma in my pocket.

This year I'm going for a steampunk March Hare to match a friend's Mad Hatter and my wife's Alice.

I might make use of a commedia masque in there somewhere, too. We'll see how it goes.
  • ginger_hammerginger_hammer Member Posts: 160
    I was he-man complete with blond bob and large inflatable sword! Yes I looked completely ridiculous but thats the whole point. Its my birthday on halloween too :)
    rufus_hobartMedullaOblongata
  • Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629
    @Aosaw: Could you please post pictures of the three of you? I'd like to see what the costumes will look like! :D
  • LadyEibhilinRhettLadyEibhilinRhett Member Posts: 1,078
    Okay so I actually have two costumes this year. Unfortunately I have no one to take pictures for me so I had to take them myself. As a result they are kind of low quality, and don't go below the shoulders, as a full body costume shot is kind of hard to get if you gotta hold the camera yourself.

I went to a halloween party yesterday dressed as Simon Petrikov from Adventure Time, after he's just begun his slow transformation into the Ice King.
    I won the most creative costume award.
    Photobucket

...Aaaand this is me trying to be Xan.

Photobucket

The robe was sort of based on a combination of the original portrait and one of the paperdoll robe designs from BGII.
    alannahsmithSophiaBrude
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    I went as a Fighter from AD&D back when I was in High School. I have a Tai Chi Sword- metal, not sharp, and I wore a cloak and the "Foresters Boots" that were popular back then, with pants tucked into the boots. It was a cute and cool costume, and I loved it, but that was the last year I dressed up for Halloween. Well, that's not quite true. I do some costumes when Halloween falls on a working day at work. I've been a goth, zombie (I call myself Dead Girl), Geisha (yeah, I own three kimonos) and "Queen of Hearts". No pictures, though.
    alannahsmith
  • NathanNathan Member Posts: 1,007
    I went as Finn from Adventure Time this year, but, I don't have a picture handy. So this was me two years ago:

YAH, WAH, WOOHOOOO
    alannahsmithZinodinMedullaOblongataTJ_Hooker
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    I'm monstrous the way I am already, I don't need costumes XD

Boo however does... didn't make anything for him though, having some sort of Boovatar block nowadays :p
    alannahsmith
    My friends and I on Halloween Night. We all dressed like Adventure Time characters.
    alannahsmithSophiaZinodin
  • SophiaSophia Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 581
    @drawnacrol woah, your costume/make up is SO COOL!!

And @LadyEibhilinRhett ,your finn is identical to the original one :)!
  • KulmKulm Member Posts: 19
    Me in center in home made 300 Spartan attire. THS IS SPARTAAAAAA!!1 :P
    Was at a friends Fantasy themed Halloween party,
    BrudeDrugarZinodinalannahsmith
    Sophia said:

@drawnacrol woah, your costume/make up is SO COOL!!

And @LadyEibhilinRhett ,your finn is identical to the original one :)!

I'll tell him you said so when I see him on Thursday. I'm sure he'll be pleased.
    alannahsmith
  • JaxsbudgieJaxsbudgie Member Posts: 600
    edited November 2012
    Bloody hell people went to some real effort. I just attacked my face with a permanent marker half an hour before leaving, here's... uh, a mildly intoxicated photo of my 'costume'

Photobucket

alannahsmithMedullaOblongata