Skip to content

Baldurs gate EE android clicking on hidden chest help

hey all. I need your help again and for anyone else with this. On baldurs gate on android clicking, or tapping on hidden chest is a nightmare, like the ring in the friendly arm i tap on the screen about 50 times before getting it. Sometimes less if im lucky but is there an easyer way? Or a trick methord?

Comments

• ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    Unfortunately not, at least as far as I know. I have the same problem when playing on Android. It helps a bit if you zoom in a little, because the pixel you need to tap is small and a human finger is not, but basically you just have to be patient and hit the right spot. Sometimes I have the impression that it's more difficult if your character is standing too close to the spot, because you have to tap all over it, but that's just my impression. I haven't tried using a pen, because I don't have one, but it might also help to be more precise I suppose.

If you do find a trick to make this easier, please share it with us :)
  • Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,742
    I have faint memories of playing on the Android version a long time ago (that was on a 5½" screen), and what I did was zoom in to the max possible level, and keep the container highlights on (that "?" button on the lower part of the right panel, if I remember correctly), and that made it pretty easy to click on the hidden chest. It also helps to press gently and keep the finger on it for sometime, instead of a brief tap. I don't exactly know why, but it just works.
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    This is one of the more annoying parts of playing on Android, especially in BG1, where these tiny containers seem to be everywhere. I have found that keeping my character a fair distance away and then tapping where I think the container is until I see the "open container" icon instead of the "move to position" cursor appear.
  • PhycoantoPhycoanto Member Posts: 72
    Hello, after nearly a year of posting this, thanks for the tips, im returning to the game today so ill try that soctal distence,aham, being distant from the hidden item and ill let yous know how that went. Hope your all keeping well.