Skip to content

Looking for NPC mod with personnal quest

FestenFesten Member Posts: 17
Hello everyone, I have played baldur's gate II on several occasion, modded and unmoded. I have decided to start again, but as I'm always looking for additional content, I'm looking to play with NPC that not only add banters and chats but also have some custom quest attached to them like the original NPC.

if you know of NPC who has such content could you please list them.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 521
    edited June 2021
    Most of them do these days. Adrian, Evandra, Isra, Xan, Keto, Angelo and Beaurin all come to mind as offering rather involved quests. You could also try NPC strongholds which adds some quest content to most original Bioware NPCs.
  • xiaoleiwenxiaoleiwen Member Posts: 186
    edited June 2021
    There are too many good npc mods now and it could be difficult to recommend without knowing what you actually prefer. Almost all good npc mods offer more contents than vanilla npcs- more interjections, talks, quests etc.

I finished my game with these npc mods this year, and wrote some reviews for them (may have spoilers):

I was most impressed with Xan, Aura and Sirene, though all NPCs I brought this time are quite high quality. And there are many more great NPC mods out there, so I suggest to take your time to find out who you may like the most.

You may also take crossmod banters into consideration. Generally, after knowing who is the one you must take, then have a look of the the MOD readme to see whether they have crossmod banters with any other NPC, and whether you like them or not. There is also a crossmod banter pack that can help you to decide your party (banters wise):

https://www.gibberlings3.net/mods/npcs/crossmod/

Enjoy, it's real fun to slowly take your time to find out who you want to bring this time.

One more thing, my personal suggestion is to bring only 3 or max 4 npcs from MOD, and at least 1-2 vanilla NPC. This is because generally I think their banters with vanilla npcs are better written than crossmod banters, and sometime vanilla npcs have interjections in the personal quests of NPC mods. Additionally, almost all good NPC mods have timer talks like Viconia, Jaheira etc, so you may be overwhelmed with talks from everyone incessantly (especially in the beginning of game) if you bring 5 NPCs from MOD.

• jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    (My) Ajantis BGII mod and (also my) Solaufein mod (Solaufein's Rescue) both offer quests before the NPCs can be taken in party (and some more encounters if they join the party).