Skip to content

How to manually uninstall BG2 EE

rossbach451rossbach451 Member Posts: 168
I need to clear my computer of all BG2 to try installing again. Any help?

Comments

• ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    I suppose you're asking because they don't appear in your system under listed programs to remove program? That would be the best way to uninstall them, as it affects the registry too.

If you own them on the beamdog client, you can uninstall them there or just delete the whole game directory from the beamdog library. If you own them on Steam, uninstall them in your Steam library.

In all cases, additionally, if you want to delete your saves too, you need to delete them in your documents folder. If you're on Windows, that is. No idea how it works on other systems.
  • rossbach451rossbach451 Member Posts: 168
    Arvia wrote: »
    I suppose you're asking because they don't appear in your system under listed programs to remove program? That would be the best way to uninstall them, as it affects the registry too.

If you own them on the beamdog client, you can uninstall them there or just delete the whole game directory from the beamdog library. If you own them on Steam, uninstall them in your Steam library.

In all cases, additionally, if you want to delete your saves too, you need to delete them in your documents folder. If you're on Windows, that is. No idea how it works on other systems.

Thanks! I originally downloaded from Beamdog, so I will try that. I later got the game from GOG, but I will figure that out later. I tried to delete the saves, but on GOG it recovers them. Anyways, thanks for responding!
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    10bit uninstaller is a free download that works well for me: https://www.iobit.com/en/advanceduninstaller.php
  • rossbach451rossbach451 Member Posts: 168
    dunbar wrote: »
    10bit uninstaller is a free download that works well for me: https://www.iobit.com/en/advanceduninstaller.php

I will check it out!