Skip to content

Suggestion: Quest Victory Music

Allanon81Allanon81 Member Posts: 330
After defeating Gulnan the cool triumph music kicked in. I checked and grabbed all her loot and walked away, then the music immediately cut off.? It would be nice if it continued to completion no matter what I do. Maybe this happens with all major battles?
Post edited by Allanon81 on

Comments

• Prince_RaymondPrince_Raymond Member Posts: 437
    @Allanon81 From what I have experienced, the music plays every time a quest has been updated and moved to the "Completed" section of your journal. If you perform any action while the music plays such as, looting treasure, clicking on tabs of your journal, moving items around your inventory, anything other than letting the music conclude, it will cut out prematurely. Hope this answer will suffice. Thank you for reading, and happy (healthy) gaming to all.
  • Allanon81Allanon81 Member Posts: 330
    @Prince_Raymond Yeah, it’s sort of a let down right?
    @Allanon81 Sort of. Then again, the duration of the music is so short, I'm content to just let it play through to the end before resuming gameplay. I try to look at it from the viewpoint of my character is basking in the brief, sweet moment of victory.
    Excuse me if I’m strongly opinionated about this but it’s not “sort of”. It’s jarring, and I feel it should be persistent no matter what you do.
    @Allanon81 I share a strong opinion about another aspect of the game, so I can relate to how you must feel toward this one. That's why I found myself in agreement with your last comment on this topic. Yes, it would be nice if the music did play through to the end, regardless of any action taken after completing a quest. Thank you for reading, and happy (healthy) gaming to all.
  • ForSeriousForSerious Member Posts: 446
    I have played some old console games that let the quest complete music play for quite awhile after. Kind of like you were on a high from the awesome thing you just did.
    Anyway, I've tried to like the music in this game and I don't. Kind of sad because I have lots of game music in my music library. I've played this game probably more than any other game I own, yet I just don't find the music compelling.
    edited July 2021
    @ForSerious Use CMP (community music pack). The intro music is pretty good. Jeremy Soule I believe.
  • ForSeriousForSerious Member Posts: 446
    I'm going to have to check that out! Thanks @Allanon81.
    @ForSerious Use expanded/tweaked version cmp