Skip to content

Your Hype Man or Woman

So there’s a fun 2001 movie many of may know called a Knight’s Tale, in which Heath Ledger plays a commoner who aspires to become a knight & a champion. In it a character named after Geoffery Chaucer acts as his hype man, declaring things pre-battle such as:

Yes, behold my lord Ulrich, the rock, the hard place, like a wind from Gelderland he sweeps by blown far from his homeland in search of glory and honor, we walk in the garden of his turbulence.

It’s a fun performance:).

So... if a hype man or woman was going ahead of your particular charname to drive up your reputation and maybe get some special promotions on your behalf... what sorts of things might they say?

Comments

• KatzerchenKatzerchen Member Posts: 61
    edited June 2021
    Yes, behold Blanche, the soft breeze, yet the thunderstorm. Like a loving mother she cares for those in need, yet like an angry lion protecting her cubs bravely and mercilessly strikes down those who harm others for their own gain. Her hands stroke a kitten she just saved or pet the head of an orphan as softly as a falling leaf touches the soil, while her morningstar and hammer held in fists like steel crush with fervor those who stand in her way of spreading love and justice for the benefit of all.

(The character with which I played through BG1 EE and SoD was a lawful good cleric/ranger who romanced Rasaad. My problem now is that I'd rather have her neutral good for BG2, because after the events of SoD, well... she has changed.
    Named her "Blanche" because this was a common name during the Middle Ages and kinda fit the portrait I was using.)
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    “Gather ‘round commoners, and steel yourselves, lest ye be blown away by the raging storm of luscious lunacy that is Nimran, the Lord of the Ferrets, King of the :cookie:s, Regent of the Ridiculous, and generally a good guy to all! Gaze upon his sugary sweet majesty, all ye who dare to dream of a better time, when :cookie:s are plentiful and delectably tasty, and freely delivered to all by a happy horde of stealthy stoats, wondrous weasels, and flamboyant, fantastical ferrets! No matter where you live, what you do, or who you desire to be, the Ferret Lord bestows this future to all who accept his gift of goodwill and good times!”