Skip to content

What armor does YOUR bard wear?

11302101130210 Member Posts: 381
My bard wears padded armor.

I'm just wondering what armor I ought to wear if I'm a bard?

Do you guys prefer a robe with absolutely no arcane spell failure, padded armor (5% failure), or leather armor (10% failure)?

Personally, I recommend the padded armor because a bard just doesn't feel like a bard to me without some sort of armor. They are supposed to be the jack-of-all-trades after all.

What are your suggestions, peeps?! Thanks guys!

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    usually if i go the "bard" route i always mix some dragon disciple in there and perhaps either fighter or barbarian or weapon master

so usually i crank out the heaviest armor that they can go with, that chainmail of speed is actually really good if you are heavy into melee since you dont need to waste a boot slot for haste and then if you have enough use magic device you can wear them cool monk boots that give dodge AC and a dex bonus
  • ForSeriousForSerious Member Posts: 446
    Yeah I usually try to get as much Monk gear as I can. If not, I just do buffing spells and swap out my heavy armor and shield while casting.
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    Hot tight leather with a bit of chain that jingles when I shake my breasts to Charm NPCs.
  • 11302101130210 Member Posts: 381
    Hot tight leather with a bit of chain that jingles when I shake my breasts to Charm NPCs.

lmao, nice man. xD
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    My bard look too cute in their skivvies to put armor on them. ;)

RP wise I agree bards fit with armor, them being like you say - the jack of all trades. But I also agree UMD and the ability to use other classes' stuff is part of the Bard class 'core', so to speak. So thematically I think both works and that it depends on what character you envision.
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    In 3.5 Bards can pick the Battle Caster feat that allows them to wear Chain Shirts with no chance of arcane spell failure, so that's what I typically go for. I'd imagine they'd wear a sleek, close-fitting chain shirt with a well-embroidered surcoat and stylish soft leather leggings and padded undercoat (with frilly sleeves, to hide all the stuff I pickpocket ;) ) for flourish.