Skip to content

What happened?

ZephiriusZephirius Member Posts: 411
I updated and now I have pink smoke coming from chimneys, pink water in fountains - an error message refering to vertex shaders. Sorry, message disappeared and can't replicate the error message. Anyway, anyone else having issues?

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    do you have the latest drivers for your graphics card?
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    edited June 2021
    You've been Imoen'ed.
    Sorry, couldn't resist.
  • KrivoklatKrivoklat Member Posts: 25
    Graphic lighting in this latest overhaul generally have ben FUBAR'ed --something fundamnetal in the light calculations has changed. Maybe this is why you are seeing pink in the fountains. it isn't maybe the water has changed color, but the lighting multipliers have changed and now it all looks like crap.

on the PW that I play on... I didn't do the big update right away. and I wish I did because I would have raised the big red flag way earlier.. because now my game looks like doo doo.

Here is an example of one thing that has happened... default area lights do not illuminate quite a lot of placed environment objects anymore.

In this example, it's night, my character is in the wilds on a dirt-road. There are significant placed objects to enhance the environment in this area, which... with the naturally occuring light of the scene, do not recieve light, and so they render as black objects. --i've circled them in yellow.

and then below, you can see that once a local light (in this case a simple torch) is added, the lighting values from the torch land on the placed objects, and they DO illuminate.

1td8vzmbj5d7.jpg
  • KrivoklatKrivoklat Member Posts: 25
    This is just one example... one I find MOST annoying... but running a close second is the amount of color changes that the natural area lights contribute to a scene that are different than before this major update/overhaul.

Colored light that were not in areas previously now exist. The "Enhanced Lighting" control when on royally screws up areas that have multiple local light sources (like candles, fires/fireplaces, chandeliers and candelabras) their light contributions greatly 'blow out' the scene, or change the color of your area.

It's horrble and it makes it a struggle to play the game some days now without having to stop and try my best (usually unsuccessfully) to re-jigger the controls to get better lighting.

It is seriously F'ed up and I am an extremely unhappy player at the moment. I wish I'd never done that stupid update.