Skip to content

Is there a way to stop the flaming fist from attacking me?

I got all the way to the fight against Sarevok, right up to actually confronting him and finishing the game... Thing is, I want to go do some more side quests before I move on to Baldurs gate II, including going to see duke Eltan... But even though I proved my innocence at the coronation, the guys inside the flaming fist headquarters are still aggressive. Do they ever stop attacking? I may have made it worse because Angelo killed Imoen and I snuck in there to get her loot back after visiting a priest, but aggro'ed some of the flaming fist (though I didn't attack back), but thought they'd stop attacking me at some point. What do I do?

Comments

• ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    edited July 2021
    You can charm them with Nymph Cloak or Algernon's cloak or a spell if you have them, you can cast Sleep (spell or wand, advantage is it can affect multiple characters at once) or Wand of Paralyzation to keep them out of your hair (Hold Person works too, but has a long casting time, which is risky). You might need to do that repeatedly, because sometimes they still follow you after the effect wears off, sometimes even across maps.

Another option is to put your party under Invisibility 15' Radius.

That said, they shouldn't turn hostile anymore after the coronation. But possibly they were those you had aggro'd before. Also, you seem to be using some mod if you can still do city quests after the final battle?
    StummvonBordwehr
  • SomeOnesBodySomeOnesBody Member Posts: 25
    edited July 2021
    Arvia wrote: »
    You can charm them with Nymph Cloak or Algernon's cloak or a spell if you have them, you can cast Sleep (spell or wand, advantage is it can affect multiple characters at once) or Wand of Paralyzation to keep them out of your hair (Hold Person works too, but has a long casting time, which is risky). You might need to do that repeatedly, because sometimes they still follow you after the effect wears off, sometimes even across maps.

Another option is to put your party under Invisibility 15' Radius.

That said, they shouldn't turn hostile anymore after the coronation. But possibly they were those you had aggro'd before. Also, you seem to be using some mod if you can still do city quests after the final battle?

Oh sorry, let me clarify. The flaming fist mercenaries outside are no longer hostile, only the ones inside the castle. I initially aggroed them because Angelo killed a party member and I took the boots of speed to run inside, take what my dead party member dropped and run out of the castle again, which made them hostile, but I didn't kill any of them.
    And I'm not using a mod, I just loaded up the save immediately before entering the building with sarevok, just after talking and sparing Tamoko.
    Ah, so you reloaded because you noticed you had reached the point of no return and decided to do some unresolved quests first?

Well, the approach is still the same I mentioned above. You either sneak past them or disable them one way or another. Be careful not to kill them, it means heavy reputation loss.
  • SomeOnesBodySomeOnesBody Member Posts: 25
    Arvia wrote: »
    Ah, so you reloaded because you noticed you had reached the point of no return and decided to do some unresolved quests first?

Well, the approach is still the same I mentioned above. You either sneak past them or disable them one way or another. Be careful not to kill them, it means heavy reputation loss.

Alright, I thought after I proved my innocence they'd stop attacking me. I guess the AI that are already aggressive stay that way.
    Arvia
    Exactly. The ones who were already hostile won't become neutral again, but you won't aggro new ones.
  • HafirHafir Member Posts: 97
    edited July 2021
    When I played last time I killed them in ff headquatters and no had reputation lowered, u can try reapeate with save. You can check it on my youtube channel "TheHafir"
    edited July 2021
    Grond0 wrote: »
    The ones inside the Flaming Fist HQ after you come back from Candlekeep are not proper Flaming Fist, but mercenaries. That's why they are still hostile and you can kill them without reputation loss.

Right,but those are labelled differently. Those (real FF I mean) you can aggro by not letting them arrest you don't turn blue after the Ducal Palace if they were hostile before. At least they didn't for me, in 2.5, it might be different now.