Skip to content

Little Disappointed - Ideas For EE

13»

Comments

• LibertyisbackLibertyisback Member Posts: 49
    im not disappointed really.

the amount of work they are putting in is already quite a lot. maybe people underestimate how much it costs to get their wish list? as for people asking for a higher poly count, i was thinking two things:
    1) Not everyone wants to spend money on better gfx
    2) Not everyone wants the high poly count/realism gfx style of Witcher etc

I actually think their budget may already be allocated. nobody really knows how much sales they will have. they are already promising to do much, and they have to work quite hard to do it. these guys have to earn a living and probably have families to feed.

maybe if we did a kickstarter and raised the millions needed to implement peoples wishlist? im not sure---

nwn 3 could maybe fulfil peoples' dreams. the minimum i want is just UI scaling. id be happy to pay the$29.99 (? is that the price) just for that, and oh yea custom portraits and voicesets. all that alone i feel will boost nwn to the forefront.

im not a big modder so im not super keen on extra scripting abilities. i would like to learn how to program spellhooks though. i havent figured that out yet :(
  • Dark_AnsemDark_Ansem Member Posts: 992

im not disappointed really.

the amount of work they are putting in is already quite a lot. maybe people underestimate how much it costs to get their wish list? as for people asking for a higher poly count, i was thinking two things:
    1) Not everyone wants to spend money on better gfx
    2) Not everyone wants the high poly count/realism gfx style of Witcher etc

I actually think their budget may already be allocated. nobody really knows how much sales they will have. they are already promising to do much, and they have to work quite hard to do it. these guys have to earn a living and probably have families to feed.

maybe if we did a kickstarter and raised the millions needed to implement peoples wishlist? im not sure---

nwn 3 could maybe fulfil peoples' dreams. the minimum i want is just UI scaling. id be happy to pay the$29.99 (? is that the price) just for that, and oh yea custom portraits and voicesets. all that alone i feel will boost nwn to the forefront.

im not a big modder so im not super keen on extra scripting abilities. i would like to learn how to program spellhooks though. i havent figured that out yet :(

That's because it's not possible. It's one of the "most wanted" features.
  • HimmelweissHimmelweiss Member Posts: 72
    I am not disappointed.
    They already added a lot of good things to NWN:EE and more will come.

However, GUI redesign is something i hope will come sooner than later.
    Not being able to move arround the GUI interfaces in NWN1 is seriously frustrating.
    And the Hotbar is just way too limited.

Changing/creating your own GUI interfaces like in NWN2 would be also great.
    But i would understand if this is out of the scope atm.

• TrinitalTrinital Member Posts: 59
    Keep in mind this thread was made the day they announced last year and was bumped for some strange reason.

Most of the statements made are wildly out of context now.

Thanks.
  • FreshLemonBunFreshLemonBun Member Posts: 909
    You can script spellhooks but you can't create custom spellbooks. There are a limited amount of things you can do with spellcasting as it stands, spellhooking is more similar to editing a spell script as it is now. Things that get in the way is you can't get all the variables you need, you can't get a caster's spellschool, you can't specify proper custom spell books or progression, you can only apply one metamagic, can't reduce or increase it's cost, and can't learn/unlearn spells by script.

• NWN_TömlNWN_Töml Member Posts: 90
    edited March 2018
    I´m not disapointed at all. I´m a dedicated modder since NWN´s first expansion pack and i´m fully aware of it´s new capabilities which are for "players" not that recordnizable as of yet. But they will be fully used once stuff and people gets their routine in using all the new implemented and soon to be implemented features.

I already said that NWN shader feature is worth a hundred dollar to me. Yes, for me only ;)

The other thing is the customizable GUI for me. If they do it hell yeah!
  • EetheartEetheart Member Posts: 22
    I'm not disappointed at all. All I wanted was a Neverwinter Nights that works smoothly, doesn't crash every 20 min, and is able to be run on maximized windowed mode.

Beamdog has delivered all that. I'll gladly throw my money at them, I've already bought 2 copies of the game, so I can share this masterpiece with a friend.
  • sippelmcsippelmc Member Posts: 45
    I am pretty disappointed in 1080p resolution scaling. 1440p and 4k look fine and great. But as OP states the advert specifically states 1080p scaling at release. It was barely put in at last minute and many menus fall off the screen and it is not well proportioned in general. I guess 1.5x was not possible????

I had hopes that this would be addressed by release but not. I know this will be addressed in the proposed UI refactor but I really suspect that is years down the road.

I think that is my number one complaint and can't believe after all this time, despite reports in november, it was not addressed.
  • Emardon_LareousEmardon_Lareous Member Posts: 60
    https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/hakpak/neverwinter-nights-facelift-haks
    This was quite an improvement on the original tilesets
    It's also available on steam workshop
  • CerabelusCerabelus Member Posts: 385
    When I realised they weren't going to add to the original content I was hoping for new module's and prestige classes like the Mystic Theurge, I loved playing a Cleric/Mage in BG.

I would've been interested in a series of connected module's leading to a big finally, seeing your choices affecting the world and outcome.

I know packs and overhauls exist but I tend to keep mods to a minimum and low key.
  • Tim_GTim_G Member Posts: 4
    It's been interesting to read through this old thread and think of what has and hasn't happened. I have a difficult time thinking that anyone would be disappointed in Beamdog staff still producing updates for NWN EE on their own time. That's pretty thorough dedication.