Skip to content

DND Live 2021 Steam sale - deepest discounts yet on BG, NWN, IWD, PST

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
Celebrate the DnD Live weekend with us—roll a natural 20 & grab classic games at up to 90% off!

90% off Icewind Dale & Planescape: Torment
80% off Baldur's Gate & Neverwinter Nights

Many more CRAZY discounts!

Comments

• ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    While the information is certainly appreciated by many, I find it hard to "like" this post. Doesn't it hurt a bit to see those games given away for 10% of their original price?
  • FelipefplFelipefpl Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 122
    While the information is certainly appreciated by many, I find it hard to "like" this post. Doesn't it hurt a bit to see those games given away for 10% of their original price?

GREAT point! Less money = less chances of bringing new games to us, i'd LOVE to see a version of Ruins of Myth Drannor with bugs fixed/ALL cut content restored/improved gameplay.

• ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    Felipefpl wrote: »

GREAT point! Less money = less chances of bringing new games to us, i'd LOVE to see a version of Ruins of Myth Drannor with bugs fixed/ALL cut content restored/improved gameplay.

I guess those extreme sales are better than nothing. They make people buy stuff they wouldn't buy otherwise, perhaps. And of course not everyone can afford games at full price.
    But same as with vegetables or meat, buying directly from the producer ensures most of our hard-earned money reaches the ones who made the effort, while platforms like Steam take 30%.
    But of course, as I said, it's a great opportunity for those who otherwise wouldn't buy the games for various reasons.
  • FixTesteRFixTesteR Member Posts: 8
    Steam keeps track of how many hours you put into a certain game. Which I like. If you mod a game, does Steam still keep track? It probably depends how heavily you mod it ... :worried: I merge BG1/SoD/BG2ToB, and make a separate folder. Thanks to anyone that can answer me more clearly. You're the best.
  • FelipefplFelipefpl Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 122
    But of course, as I said, it's a great opportunity for those who otherwise wouldn't buy the games for various reasons.

I agree with you but if possible i'd like to see ppl with lots of $$$ to pay A LOT for those if possible. ;)

Well, there are always kickstarter if beamdog needs the cash too. :)
  • GraionDilachGraionDilach Member Posts: 581
    edited July 2021
    FixTesteR wrote: »
    Steam keeps track of how many hours you put into a certain game. Which I like. If you mod a game, does Steam still keep track? It probably depends how heavily you mod it ... :worried: I merge BG1/SoD/BG2ToB, and make a separate folder. Thanks to anyone that can answer me more clearly. You're the best.

My Steam-based EET installation hours are counted in my Steam BG2 playthrough hours so explicitly yes to that case. I think the Steam achievement tracker code is what allows Steam to track the game even outside from the Steam folders because GoG can't track this same way.
  • Prince_RaymondPrince_Raymond Member Posts: 437
    @Arvia @Felipefpl

Something else to consider: Less net revenue from sales after Steam's cut means less resources for Beamdog to put towards improving game performance and bug fixing. Still, it might be what is necessary to get more players interested in their games. Here's hoping it will pay off in the long run. Thank you for reading. Happy, healthy (both mentally and physically) gaming to all.