Skip to content

BG1:EE to BG2:EE character import on Chromebook

RierrucRierruc Member Posts: 3
Good Evening,

As the title says, I am attempting to import a character to BG2:EE from BG1:EE, on a Chromebook. I am playing the Android app, exactly the same as would run on a phone/tablet. I have 50+ save files in BG1, and I have exported the character file.

When I use a file manager to access Android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition, the folder is empty. I am viewing hidden files. Alternately, Android/obb/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition does have two .obb files in it, but when I view the contents of those files, none of the .bif files jump out at me as being an obvious character export file.

Can anyone offer suggestions? I'm kinda lost here.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• grenggreng Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2021
    This is an issue with Android 11, hopefully it will be fixed in 2.6 but I still have the issue on my Samsung phone in the beta
  • ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    edited July 2021
    Rierruc wrote: »
    Good Evening,

As the title says, I am attempting to import a character to BG2:EE from BG1:EE, on a Chromebook. I am playing the Android app, exactly the same as would run on a phone/tablet. I have 50+ save files in BG1, and I have exported the character file.

When I use a file manager to access Android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition, the folder is empty. I am viewing hidden files. Alternately, Android/obb/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition does have two .obb files in it, but when I view the contents of those files, none of the .bif files jump out at me as being an obvious character export file.

Can anyone offer suggestions? I'm kinda lost here.

Thanks in advance

Hi @Rierruc ,

I realize you want your own problem fixed, of course, but it would be a huge help if you opted into the Android beta for 2.6 in BG:EE and BG2:EE, checked if it works there and reported your results here https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/82505/2-6-beta-updates-for-baldurs-gate-i-ii-enhanced-editions-android and in the survey mentioned there. They're particularly looking for Chromebook users.
    It will help us all and therefore also you if more of us try and report.

Meanwhile, some people had success using X-plore file manager or something alike, to access and manually import/copy their saves, which can be found here Android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/files/save so even if you can't find your exported character file (I have no idea which ones those are) you could try importing a save with your character. At least until someone turns up who might be able to answer your question.

• RierrucRierruc Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the suggestion, @Arvia, I will give the beta a try