Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Dark Dreams of Furiae - a new module for NWN:EE! Buy now
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

2.6 beta updates for Baldur's Gate I & II Enhanced Editions (Android)

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 21,910
edited July 16 in The Road to 2.6
Try out new updates in the Google Play beta for Baldur's Gate I & II Enhanced Editions!

- Added Chromebook Support
- Added Mouse & Keyboard Support
- Added Split Screen Support for Chromebooks & Tablets
- Fixed a black screen bug that occurred when switching languages
- Fixed a crash occurring on the App’s DLC menu
- Fixed an issue with imports on Android 11
- Fixed several audio issues by updating to the latest OpenAL library

Try the beta! Tell us your thoughts!

*Only game owners can play the beta

Post edited by JuliusBorisov on
Arviahook71Timbo0o0o0

Comments

• _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,492
    @JuliusBorisov

I'm curious about "Mouse support", so I'm gonna ask it again:
    what do you mean exactly by "Mouse support"? Is it like playing on a desktop computer...?

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 21,910
    I saw your question then and couldn't get a full response from our developers. I believe so, yes - it should be like playing on a PC. See https://mcmw.abilitynet.org.uk/using-mouse-your-device-android-pie for example.

• _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,492
    I believe so, yes - it should be like playing on a PC.

That's great, I'll certainly test it when the beta ships on iOS devices...
    In the meantime, let's see if some Android users leave feedback about it...

JuliusBorisovStummvonBordwehr
  • ArviaArvia Member, Moderator Posts: 1,786
    Anything in particular that should be watched out for when testing?

The Android 11 import is one of the big issues, but only final saves can be imported, right?

JuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 21,910
    Arvia wrote: »
    Anything in particular that should be watched out for when testing?

The Android 11 import is one of the big issues, but only final saves can be imported, right?

We're interested to hear your thoughts on issues like running the game, crashes, freezes, performance. There was an infamous "you might have not purchased" error. The import issue is important, we wonder if it's now fixed. In theory, it should allow you to import any save. The DLC issues also should be fixed - we are interested to hear if now it all works. Keyboard and mouse ofc if you have them. Would be great to hear about Chromebooks.

Arvia
    edited July 16
    If I try to import a game into BG2:EE, it doesn't show my BG:EE save files.

f62hocdd3mgw.jpg

I don't remember getting a dialogue for access request at the installation or start, but I checked in my tablet's settings, both games have permission to access files/data storage.

I will check if a final save appears there, of course, if I ever manage to get through the game fast enough.

A second issue is a weird shifting of the screen which happened a few times when I tried to export a character file in BG:EE.

ea0p9okq9je0.jpg

Can't interact with it anymore when that happens.

When I minimize (by showing all running apps) and then choose the game window again , it goes back to normal.
    It doesn't always happen, but I could reproduce it a few times.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S6, Android 11

grengJuliusBorisov
  • grenggreng Member Posts: 2
    edited July 17
    I am also seeing an empty list when trying to import BG1 saves

Samsung Galaxy S21

Post edited by greng on
    JuliusBorisov
  • RierrucRierruc Member Posts: 3
    I don't know if this is something you have any power over, but I'm unable to install the beta version of BG1:EE. I signed up for the beta for both BG1 and BG2. The BG2:EE beta update installed on the first try, but I've attempted repeatedly for the other and the install won't complete. I'm on a Chromebook, running the latest version of Chrome OS (91.0.4472.147). Not crazy about the thought of deleting BG1 and trying to install it fresh, as I'll lose my save files.

• DalrykDalryk Member Posts: 32
    Whats about Siege of Dragonspear?? Sounds like the import function is still buggy anyway - but I want to do the full BGEE-->SoD-->BG2EE journey

Dalryk wrote: »
    Whats about Siege of Dragonspear?? Sounds like the import function is still buggy anyway - but I want to do the full BGEE-->SoD-->BG2EE journey

At the moment the beta is available only for BG:EE and BG2:EE on Android. We will need a bit of patience.

JuliusBorisovPrince_Raymond
    Additionally to the import problem, I still get that bug where party members get stuck on top of each other and their colored circles merge into one. As far as I remember, the patch should have fixed that?

Here's a screenshot, they were all supposed to go where Branwen is standing, as the markers indicate, but Xan and my main are merged.
    tubb2k2ndgj7.jpg

Also, I don't know if that's intended behaviour, but I play with AI deactivated and still my party members attack the next enemy nearby when the one they were targeting is dead.

StummvonBordwehrJuliusBorisovPrince_Raymond
  • DudzioDudzio Member Posts: 62
    It's time to implement Android TV support! ;)