Skip to content

2.6 beta updates for Icewind Dale, Baldur's Gate I & II Enhanced Editions (Android)

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
edited August 2021 in The Road to 2.6
Try out new updates in the Google Play beta for Baldur's Gate I & II Enhanced Editions!

- Added Chromebook Support
- Added Mouse & Keyboard Support
- Added Split Screen Support for Chromebooks & Tablets
- Fixed a black screen bug that occurred when switching languages
- Fixed a crash occurring on the App’s DLC menu
- Fixed an issue with imports on Android 11
- Fixed several audio issues by updating to the latest OpenAL library

Try the beta! Tell us your thoughts!

*Only game owners can play the beta
Post edited by JuliusBorisov on
Arviahook71Timbo0o0o0Aedan

Comments

• _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    @JuliusBorisov

I'm curious about "Mouse support", so I'm gonna ask it again:
    what do you mean exactly by "Mouse support"? Is it like playing on a desktop computer...?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    I saw your question then and couldn't get a full response from our developers. I believe so, yes - it should be like playing on a PC. See https://mcmw.abilitynet.org.uk/using-mouse-your-device-android-pie for example.
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    I believe so, yes - it should be like playing on a PC.

That's great, I'll certainly test it when the beta ships on iOS devices...
    In the meantime, let's see if some Android users leave feedback about it...
    JuliusBorisovStummvonBordwehr
  • ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    Anything in particular that should be watched out for when testing?

The Android 11 import is one of the big issues, but only final saves can be imported, right?
    JuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Arvia wrote: »
    Anything in particular that should be watched out for when testing?

The Android 11 import is one of the big issues, but only final saves can be imported, right?

We're interested to hear your thoughts on issues like running the game, crashes, freezes, performance. There was an infamous "you might have not purchased" error. The import issue is important, we wonder if it's now fixed. In theory, it should allow you to import any save. The DLC issues also should be fixed - we are interested to hear if now it all works. Keyboard and mouse ofc if you have them. Would be great to hear about Chromebooks.
    Arvia
    edited July 2021
    If I try to import a game into BG2:EE, it doesn't show my BG:EE save files.

f62hocdd3mgw.jpg

I don't remember getting a dialogue for access request at the installation or start, but I checked in my tablet's settings, both games have permission to access files/data storage.

I will check if a final save appears there, of course, if I ever manage to get through the game fast enough.

A second issue is a weird shifting of the screen which happened a few times when I tried to export a character file in BG:EE.

ea0p9okq9je0.jpg

Can't interact with it anymore when that happens.

When I minimize (by showing all running apps) and then choose the game window again , it goes back to normal.
    It doesn't always happen, but I could reproduce it a few times.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S6, Android 11
    grengJuliusBorisov
  • grenggreng Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2021
    I am also seeing an empty list when trying to import BG1 saves

Samsung Galaxy S21
    Post edited by greng on
    JuliusBorisov
  • RierrucRierruc Member Posts: 3
    I don't know if this is something you have any power over, but I'm unable to install the beta version of BG1:EE. I signed up for the beta for both BG1 and BG2. The BG2:EE beta update installed on the first try, but I've attempted repeatedly for the other and the install won't complete. I'm on a Chromebook, running the latest version of Chrome OS (91.0.4472.147). Not crazy about the thought of deleting BG1 and trying to install it fresh, as I'll lose my save files.
  • DalrykDalryk Member Posts: 35
    Whats about Siege of Dragonspear?? Sounds like the import function is still buggy anyway - but I want to do the full BGEE-->SoD-->BG2EE journey
    Dalryk wrote: »
    Whats about Siege of Dragonspear?? Sounds like the import function is still buggy anyway - but I want to do the full BGEE-->SoD-->BG2EE journey

At the moment the beta is available only for BG:EE and BG2:EE on Android. We will need a bit of patience.
    JuliusBorisovPrince_Raymond
    Additionally to the import problem, I still get that bug where party members get stuck on top of each other and their colored circles merge into one. As far as I remember, the patch should have fixed that?

Here's a screenshot, they were all supposed to go where Branwen is standing, as the markers indicate, but Xan and my main are merged.
    tubb2k2ndgj7.jpg

Also, I don't know if that's intended behaviour, but I play with AI deactivated and still my party members attack the next enemy nearby when the one they were targeting is dead.
    StummvonBordwehrJuliusBorisovPrince_Raymond
  • DudzioDudzio Member Posts: 81
    It's time to implement Android TV support! ;)
  • SkettSkett Member Posts: 5
    Hi all is there any scheduled updates for ISO
  • cha0z_cha0z_ Member Posts: 27
    @JuliusBorisov any news on the ios betas?
    Allanon81
    The updated beta version is available! Now the beta is enabled not only for BG:EE & BGII:EE, but also IWD:EE!

- Updates to Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition
    - Improved keyboard functionality (Chromebooks)
    - Multiplayer Wi-Fi Notification Improvements

Please make sure to play and fill in a short survey!

*The import bug (especially important for BG:EE-BGII:EE) on Android 11 is still being worked on.
    AciferStummvonBordwehrArvia
    On the tablet everything (except for the import of course) seems to work normally until now.

However, on my phone, when I'm walking through an area and switch to map, the walking speed slows down a lot. Doesn't seem to matter if area map background is checked on or off.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S7 (SM-G930U) with 4 GB RAM and Android 8.
    JuliusBorisov
    Sooooooooooo when's importing gonna work?
    Dalryk wrote: »
    Sooooooooooo when's importing gonna work?

See two posts above yours, at the end of the notes for the last beta update. It's still being worked on. The main problem seems to be Google's restriction on file access in Android 11.
    I'm sure we'll learn of it immediately when it's done.
    JuliusBorisov
  • TurinTurambarTurinTurambar Member Posts: 17
    Any news on the ios release?
    Allanon81
  • frusfrus Member Posts: 1
    OK Google made a dumb move to remove from Android about the only thing that was still better than on IOS, but cmon, they announced they will do this years ago, and it should already have been resolved by a serious company.

I mean, did the save games ever actually need to be located in Android/data? Could shared storage have been used? Can it be used now, at least for export/import functionality?

I love these games, but lack of import from BG to BG2 all but renders them unusable for me. I guess MOUSE SUPPORT is much more important to implement...
    Dalryk
  • TurinTurambarTurinTurambar Member Posts: 17
    Hey me again, I don’t want to be rude. I know you guys work hard, I just wanted to know what’s the plan ahead for iOS if possible? Are you guys trying to finish the beta for Android first, or maybe you just don’t know because it’s still far away in your priorities. I would understand. So yeah if possible.. :) any news?
    Hi! The iOS beta will happen only after we finish the work on the Android beta.
    StummvonBordwehrTurinTurambarAllanon81
  • DudzioDudzio Member Posts: 81
    How to join the beta?
    Open the Google Play Store 2. Find Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition and tap to go to the app detail page 3. Go to the bottom of the page where it says "Join the beta" 4. Tap Join >> Join. Playtest & share your feedback here: https://forms.gle/3WBT7ahKy6WJMNDg6
    Arvia
  • Hi, using BG 2 EE on android version 6.1, experiencing same issue i had before. Bought the game a ways back, had worked perfect,one day it stopped(would say download required connected or not,and then immediately go to "starting" and never start) so i joined/did the beta work around? not sure why because my tablet screen isnt anywhere near small nor is it a chrome tablet or O.S; however this fixed issue np for over a month, and then today after playing it no issues this morning, is now doing same thing but not starting? Says "download required" immediately changes to "starting" and never does, no matter how long i leave it, have restarted tablet several times,cleared cash,everything is up to date...have 50+ hrs into it for second time,please any assistance. Oh the tablet is a Visual Land prime 10se,android version 6.0.1
    Yes!

Can confirm, here's my import screen in SoA:

8iuc6w5k80gf.jpg

It works, finally. Thank you!
    JuliusBorisovhook71Aedan
  • kokarol91kokarol91 Member Posts: 24
    @JuliusBorisov hey, when will you add the sod translation to the console?
    edited October 2021
    Not working for me for SoD or BGII. Still get a completely blank import screen.

No wait! Now it's working for SoD. But only after I allowed location permissions??

Still blank for BG2