Skip to content

Baldur's Gate 2.6 Beta for Android

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714

Comments

• cha0z_cha0z_ Member Posts: 27
    Nice nice, hope ios will also receive a beta soon or?
    JuliusBorisovAllanon81
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    edited June 2021
    I just got v2.6.6.0 on my phone. If I run into something I'll let you know.

I noticed that pressing "back" finally gives the boo conversation that allows me to close the app from the app without having to press the generic home/app management buttons on my Xperia. Nice!
    JuliusBorisov
  • ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    It's probably not recommended to load an existing save from 2.5 and continue in the middle of BG:EE, is it?
  • Allanon81Allanon81 Member Posts: 326
    @Arvia Typically,no
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Arvia wrote: »
    It's probably not recommended to load an existing save from 2.5 and continue in the middle of BG:EE, is it?

If it's an unmodded game, then you should be able to continue without many problems.
    Arvia
    edited June 2021
    I haven't been playing long enough to fill out the survey yet, but I've noticed issues with the touch sensitivity of the buttons. Rolling for stats and distributing thief skills and weapons pips, often tapping just once makes the numbers jump more than 1 point ahead or roll 2-3 times in quick succession instead of just once.
    I thought it might be my tablet at first, but I tried BG2 to compare (which is still 2.5) and didn't have the same issue there.
    Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 with Android 11.
    JuliusBorisov
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    edited June 2021
    Could you provide additional details about Mouse Support? Has anybody tried with, say, a Bluetooth mouse...?

This is what is currently possible to do on iOS devices, so I was wondering if the situation has now improved...
    edited June 2021
    Arvia wrote: »
    I haven't been playing long enough to fill out the survey yet, but I've noticed issues with the touch sensitivity of the buttons. Rolling for stats and distributing thief skills and weapons pips, often tapping just once makes the numbers jump more than 1 point ahead or roll 2-3 times in quick succession instead of just once.
    I thought it might be my tablet at first, but I tried BG2 to compare (which is still 2.5) and didn't have the same issue there.
    Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 with Android 11.

Although I had compared it to 2.5 BG2:EE immediately yesterday to exclude other causes, I couldn't reproduce the same problem on the same device in the 2.6 beta of BG:EE today, so it was probably some other external influence and not the patch.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Water, wet hands, fingers or smudges can influence the touch functionality. Could you have experienced something along those lines?

I have not noticed any of that yet.
    lroumen wrote: »
    Water, wet hands, fingers or smudges can influence the touch functionality. Could you have experienced something along those lines?

I have not noticed any of that yet.

I don't think so, because I switched from BG:EE 2.6 beta to BG2:EE 2.5 repeatedly to confirm, and it didn't occur there.
    But as I said, I couldn't reproduce it a day later, so who knows, maybe it was lagging for some mysterious reason of its own.