Skip to content

IPADOS 13.4 Mouse Support

In the current IPAD OS version mouse support has been added. Applications can now integrate mouse control. This would take gaming on the IPAD on the next level.

I'm wondering if its planned to add mouse support to Baldurs Gate II on the ipad? I have not bought the game so far in the app store. Playing the whole game with the touch screen is no option for me. If mouse control would be enabled, I would definitely buy it. And I suppose a lot more people would also do so.

Regards

David

JuliusBorisovAdam_en_tium_Luke_

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Thanks for the suggestion.
  • KhyronKhyron Member Posts: 626
    This would definitely be a game changer.. i already own BG1 on ipad and it plays decently, but touch screen controls just wasn't something i could live with.

If i could connect a mouse, i'd easily buy both bg2 and iwd as well.
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    edited April 2020
    So, I paired a Bluetooth mouse with my iPad and the experience is quite smooth.

It's now easier (I guess) to select Party members, summons, etc. and issue orders (in particular cast a spell on the desired character).

The main "issues" are:
    • The cursor doesn't change when hovering over doors, enemies and the like;
    • You cannot pan the map via placing the cursor on the border of the screen, you still need to hold the left-click and move the mouse accordingly
    • mouse wheel doesn't work
    Post edited by _Luke_ on