Skip to content

SCS on Core Rules - Getting pummeled

AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
I'm playing BG:EE with SCS on Core Rules and despite having three custom characters (including CHARNAME) with very high stats in the party, I'm getting pummeled in ways I never was in the classics with the same version of SCS.

I've just recently gone through classic BG with SCS and my archers were one-shotting most opponents. In BG:E, my whole party misses all the time and Greywolf can one-shot CHARNAME. What gives?

Comments

• Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    Sure you're not playing in Legacy of Bhaal mode by accident?
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    Pretty sure, yeah.

I dialed it back to "Normal" and will keep it this way until I've got a few levels under my belt. I just find it strange that on Core Rules with SCS the Enhanced Editions feels a lot harder than the classics.
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    Compared to vanilla, the only stat change SCS makes to Greywolf is to give him an off-hand sword and dual-wielding instead of single-weapon style. Either way, he has the same four dots of proficiency and 16 strength, for 1d8+7+1 damage with Varscona attacks.
    Then again, he is a level 7 fighter. If you're facing him with a party of level 1 and level 2 characters, you're in for a tough fight.

Archery does get somewhat less effective with SCS, for two reasons. First, the elemental arrows get nerfed - fire arrows deal their BG2 damage values of 1d6 physical and 1d2 fire instead of their original 1d6+2 physical and 1d6 fire, for example. Second, pretty much every enemy with a shield gets sword and shield style, for a -2 or -4 AC bonus against your ranged attacks.
  • ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    edited July 2021
    I'm playing BG:EE with SCS on Core Rules and despite having three custom characters (including CHARNAME) with very high stats in the party, I'm getting pummeled in ways I never was in the classics with the same version of SCS.

I've just recently gone through classic BG with SCS and my archers were one-shotting most opponents. In BG:E, my whole party misses all the time and Greywolf can one-shot CHARNAME. What gives?

May I ask which SCS version you are playing that the same one was compatible with the original BG and BG:EE?
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    edited July 2021
    Arvia wrote: »
    May I ask which SCS version you are playing that the same one was compatible with the original BG and BG:EE?

The latest.

When I said I played the classics, I meant classic BGT ;)