Skip to content

Help with Kensei/Druid dual class

I'm new to dual class and have a couple things I want to clear up. I plan on leveling the Kensei first, does this mean once I dual to druid and level past the Kensei that I'll basically be Druid with a Kensei kit? Will I be subject to the druids equipment choices for the rest of the game, ei. clubs/scimitars etc. I was hoping to use longswords. Cheers.

Comments

• Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,320
    Once you are a druid, you will be subject to the druid restrictions (you will also still be subject to the kensai restrictions, even while that class is inactive). After you've exceeded your kensai level as a druid, you will get all the kensai abilities and bonuses back.
  • AidenwolfAidenwolf Member Posts: 4
    Grond0 wrote: »
    Once you are a druid, you will be subject to the druid restrictions (you will also still be subject to the kensai restrictions, even while that class is inactive). After you've exceeded your kensai level as a druid, you will get all the kensai abilities and bonuses back.

So once I've exceeded Kensei level as a druid, I'll be able to use longswords again?

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    edited July 2021
    Once you get your fighter levels back, you'll be able to use the gear a fighter/druid can, minus the kensai restrictions. Druid weapons only, but no slings or darts. Any armor/shield/helmet, except kensai means none of that.

So no, you won't be able to use long swords again. Putting any proficiency into long swords is a bad idea.
    Post edited by jmerry on
  • AidenwolfAidenwolf Member Posts: 4
    jmerry wrote: »
    Once you get your fighter levels back, you'll be able to use the gear a fighter/druid can, minus the kensai restrictions. Druid weapons only, but no slings or darts. Any armor/shield/helmet, except kensai means none of that.

So no, you won't be able to use long swords again. Putting any proficiency into long swords is a bad idea.

Thanks for the info. Going to reroll my Kensei/Druid with Scimitar proficiency because I put points into longsword.