Skip to content

[ITEM REQUESTS] Item Ideas

2»

Comments

• kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    A good item implement to Baldur's Gate would be some items +3 and +4 THAT give bonus and as Well penalities, much alike the The Claw of Kazgaroth or the Harmonium Halberd from the special merchant in BG2. That would be fun. Some, the more powerful ones, shoud be considered as cursed items, so we would have more use to the remove curse spell and ppl would have to think twice before use the item.

Ex of penalities balancing bonus:

+1 to 2 atks per round x The wielder take 1 to 3 dmg for each hit with this weapon.

+2 to strengh x -2 to constitution

+4 weapon x +5 penality on the speed factor

15% chance of vampire touch on hit x 15% chance of level drain on the wielder (or less maybe, 15% is to much in this penality)

+4 weapon with elemental bonus damage and others huge bonus x 2-3% chance that the weapon suck the vital energy of the wielder on hit (therefore killing him) or even more than one penality as a (10% chance to blind the wielder, 5% chance of stuning the wielder for 2-3 rounds, etc... etc... etc....
  • ShareazuShareazu Member Posts: 51
    @kamuizin i suggested the same thing on the previous page, though you expressed it better... i think it'd be great to have those items... they shouldn't be cursed, they should just be like that, so the player would have to balance the item's pros and cons
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    Amulet of Space Hamster

Can be used once a day.
    Summons from the netherworld a spirit of a fallen space hamster warrior once a day to aid the wielder.

The summoned space hamster is a fallen undead creature, immune to divine magics or charm spells.
    It moves at +1 speed haste and innate blur spell. Main attack is WAIL OF THE HAMSTER FALLEN
    Basically, a
    SPOOK spell;

===
    A spook spell enables the wizard to play upon natural fears to cause the target creature to perceive the spellcaster as someone or something inimical which then appears to advance upon it in a threatening manner. If the creature does not make a successful saving throw vs. spell, it turns and flees at maximum speed as far from the wizard as possible, though items carried are not dropped. The creature has a saving throw penalty of -1 for every two experience levels of the caster, to a maximum of -6 at 12th level. Although the caster does not actually pursue the fleeing creature, a phantasm from it's own mind does. In any event, the spell functions only against creatures with Intelligences of 2 or more, and undead are not affected at all.

School: Illusion/Phantom
    Range: 30 feet
    Components: V, S
    Duration: 3 rounds
    Casting Time: 1 round
    Area of Effect: 1 creature
    Saving Throw: Neg.

====

Space Hamster has 15 hit points upon summoning and lasts for 3 rounds.
  • BoasterBoaster Member Posts: 622
    Go for the eyes Boo?
  • JackalenJackalen Member Posts: 8
    edited June 2012
    I think it's been mentioned before but i would like to see more +charisma based items now when we will have sorcerer as a avaliable class to choose from. I know the bard has been in the game before but this is an additional charisma based caster that depends on it even more.

A simple robe that gives like +1 Charisma and some resistance to some element to be found early in the game.

Later on an Archmage robe that gives +2 Charisma and +1 saving throws.

This is just suggestions, but either way we could use more charisma based items.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    @Jackalen
    They could add more Charisma items, but I'm pretty sure that Sorcs don't actually use CHA for anything in BG2. Just like how INT barely does anything for Mages.
  • unfortunate_oneunfortunate_one Member Posts: 44
    Will BGEE be adding two handed axes? I believe IWDII had them.
  • BoasterBoaster Member Posts: 622
    Dude, I was just thinking of this! And was about to post, but checked my alerts!

Yes, I want to know this as well!
  • Spjuv3rnSpjuv3rn Member Posts: 61
    edited July 2012
    Only if i get my two handed hammers >:-D
  • MedillenMedillen Member Posts: 632
    Add some flails :) I'd love to have a flail +1 made out of a human skull with -1 charisma.

Seriously, how cool could that be ? :D:D And you can easily write an interesting and epic story about it, like how it was made out of a human champion that fell outnumbered 20 to 1 in the gnoll stronghold. Discontent of his soldier losses, the gnoll warchief turn him into a rudimentary weapon so that ironically, his heroic downfall would cause the death of many of his peers.

(you may change the gnoll into any other "civilisation")
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Flails already exist in the game @Medillen... so...
  • MedillenMedillen Member Posts: 632
    @kamuizin I meant some magical ones, they have only 2 flails +1 in the entire bg1 if my memory is correct