Skip to content

High Watcher Oisig is gone?

I got the quest "Cult of the eyeless" a looong time ago, but because other quests at the time seemed more pressing, I didn't follow the priest immediately into the temple... Now, much later in the story I wanted to get to that quest, but High Watcher Oisig is no longer at the temple of Helm.
If I load a save from several hours and many levels ago I can enter the temple district and meet him in the temple of Helm, but any save file I made in the last week seems to have completely erased Oisig from existance... Is there a way to fix? Maybe he appears in another place or have I bugged the quest permanently?

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    Is it possible that one of the other temples took over? If your protagonist is capable of getting the cleric stronghold, you get a temple to match your alignment or kit, rather than Helm every time. This means that different priest NPCs spawn in.
    While the dialogue varies, the quest rewards are the same for all three temples.
  • SomeOnesBodySomeOnesBody Member Posts: 25
    jmerry wrote: »
    Is it possible that one of the other temples took over? If your protagonist is capable of getting the cleric stronghold, you get a temple to match your alignment or kit, rather than Helm every time. This means that different priest NPCs spawn in.
    While the dialogue varies, the quest rewards are the same for all three temples.

No, I'm a fighter mage who took D'arnise keep. I can't find him in any other temple in the district either.
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,350
    Sometimes - at least in the 2.5 iOS version of the game - Oisig never returns to the temple. Instead he seems to stick around where you first found him.

The problem is that he has a script that makes him walk “home” after you speak to him. Sometimes the script gets interrupted even at the tiniest of upsets. To avoid the problem, I always talk to him and then dont do anything else until he starts walking - when his script triggers he walks towards the temple, and I usually follow him there to make sure he gets home.

If he still is where you found him, you can talk to him and finish your quest - but the Sarles quests breaks, since it requires a banter with Oisig.
  • SomeOnesBodySomeOnesBody Member Posts: 25
    Sometimes - at least in the 2.5 iOS version of the game - Oisig never returns to the temple. Instead he seems to stick around where you first found him.

The problem is that he has a script that makes him walk “home” after you speak to him. Sometimes the script gets interrupted even at the tiniest of upsets. To avoid the problem, I always talk to him and then dont do anything else until he starts walking - when his script triggers he walks towards the temple, and I usually follow him there to make sure he gets home.

If he still is where you found him, you can talk to him and finish your quest - but the Sarles quests breaks, since it requires a banter with Oisig.

Surely enough, he was just around the bend of where I first saw the cult of the eyeless. Shame that the quest breaks, but I hope it's not important to the story. Thank you.