Skip to content

Adding new weapon proficiencies

r1n4omr1n4om Member Posts: 7
Hi,

I'm working on a mod to change current and add new weapon proficiencies. So far I can make all proficiencies (old and new) appear on character creation screen. However, there is a problem with the point distribution.

All proficiencies that have new id numbers in "STATS.ids", "wprof.ids" and "weapprof.2da" aren't selectable. I took a picture to describe it.

vikm66jjaeud.jpg

If I click on the plus button next to "Blowguns" a point is subtracted from the "Proficiency Slots" at the top. No dot appears next to "Blowguns" and the minus button cannot be clicked. Also the proficiency doesn't appear later in the character sheet. But I can make items that require this proficiency. I can change an old proficiency into "Blowgun" and everything works fine.

So any original ID number in weapprof.2da (89 till 134) can be used. Using numbers other than these (even if they are in "STATS.ids" and "wprof.ids") will result in the behavior described above. Somewhere has to be an entry or file that tells the game only to use these specific IDs for weapon proficiencies.

Does anyone know or have a clue where such an entry or file could be? It seems too specific and too dependent on so many external files to be hard coded.

Comments

• kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    Those 46 stats (89-134) are the only stats that function as a proficiency, which is hardcoded.
  • r1n4omr1n4om Member Posts: 7
    Damn. I was hoping it wouldn't be the case. Still, I have ideas on how to get around this.

However, I have another question. Several proficiencies have been renamed from BG(2) to BG(2)EE. Most of these proficiencies are used in spells (such as Armor of Faith or Protection from Evil) through opcode #233. I have looked at the old and the EE spells and I can't see an use for these odd proficiencies.

What are they good for in the EE spells? Does anyone knows this?

If there is no real use for them in these spells or if they can be made differently without those proficiencies, I can repurpose those for mine.
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    edited July 2021
    r1n4om wrote: »
    What are they good for in the EE spells? Does anyone knows this?

They're usually used in scripts to detect if a certain creature is protected by Armor of Faith and the like...

Having said that, EE should definitely rely on SPLSTATE.IDS and op328 when it comes to spell detection so that those stats can be used for something else...
  • r1n4omr1n4om Member Posts: 7
    @_Luke_
    Thank you very much. That info is helping me a lot. I can easily rewrite those scripts and use the extra proficiencies for myself.