Skip to content

Trued to download a community game,

garydagaryda Member Posts: 9
edited July 2021 in NWN:EE Modules
It failed and said I need to come here and down load something url.curated.nwn.beamdog.net unfortunately it wouldn't let me copy and paste and there is more to it than that. I reacquired the game from steam some months back. Anyone know what it is and where I can get it. Game was in the eye of the beholder. managed to retrieve the rest of it.

Comments

• garydagaryda Member Posts: 9
    Well what ever it is it isn't the beamdog client.
  • ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    edited July 2021
    Are you talking about the module for NWN:EE? In that case you need to own and install the base game first, otherwise you can't play the modules.

And if you're referring to the "curated content" thing that required some complicated stuff earlier, one of the most recent patches for NWN:EE has integrated easy access to several community modules directly via the launcher.
    Post edited by Arvia on
    Yes I've got the game. and I am talking about community modules not premium. Eye of the behiolder Ailund etc all of which are now coming back as missing content in varying amounts
    Have you updated to the latest patch?
    As I've said above, many of them have been made accessible via the launcher although they're community modules.
    edited July 2021
    5.3 is there, but I'm on .28, 29 was just released this morning. Avoiding downloads my ISP is undergoing a service shut down this morning and I'd rather not risk anything local getting caught in the shuffle.
    By launcher do you mean through the EE game? Also which patch?
    edited July 2021
    garyda wrote: »
    By launcher do you mean through the EE game? Also which patch?

Yes, I mean through the NWN:EE game. Were you talking about original NWN? Then next time please mention that in your post, as this is the Beamdog forum, and the category NWN:EE Modules, so generally it's assumed that someone talks about the EE until otherwise specified.

I don't know which patch exactly added it, but if I start NWN:EE (the Steam version here in my case) with the most recent update, I can choose New Game and along with the offocial and premium modules find some of the community modules there for easy download:
    (screenshot in spoiler tags because of loading times etc)
    bjcdvxs3884d.png
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    edited July 2021
    When you click the Download button in the image example you posted, it will go to a secondary screen that opens up a Downloader.

It will say the following,

"You do not have all the needed content to play.
    You are missing x.x GB.

Download is provided by:
    URL: curated.nwn.beamdog.net"

There are two buttons below this message. One is DOWNLOAD the other is CANCEL.

If you do not select the DOWNLOAD option on the second screen, it will not send you the files to play that specific module under the Community list of modules.

This secondary screen is telling you how much GIGABYTES or MEGABYTES the content you want to play is, and that is must be DOWNLOADED to your computer, to play it.
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    edited July 2021
    As you said in an earlier post -
    Avoiding downloads my ISP is undergoing a service shut down this morning

Have you now updated NwN EE? If so has it fixed the problem? If you've updated and it still hasn't fixed the problem, have you tried uninstalling and re-installing the game?

Part of the problem that the people who are trying to help you are having, is that they can't see the error message themselves and only have the small fraction of it that you posted. You don't even mention whether you are on Windows or Linux or Mac and the game is available for all 3 along with versions for consoles and mobile devices. If you are on windows and you get this error again, do this -

1. Press both the {Alt] key and the [PrtScr] keys together at the same time.
    2. Open a new post in this thread, place your cursor one line down and press the [Ctrl] key and the [V] keys at the same time.

What this does is - Instruction 1 takes a snapshot of the active open window and puts it on the clipboard. Instruction 2. Pastes and uploads that image to here. The reason for putting your cursor one line down is to make it easier to post a comment before the image.

TR