Skip to content

Looking for modders (for science)

MaarudMaarud Member Posts: 13
I’m posting here as someone who needs your help to shed some light on the works of the awesome BG/IWD/PST/NWN modding communities.

I’m an academic involved in the project(s) aimed at critical assessment of D&D-based/inspired digital games. Right now, I’m specifically looking for modders and community members who have contributed to modifications/modules based on Infinity Engine and Neverwinter Nights games.

If you wish to help me out and are willing to take a quick questionnaire or get involved in a short, semi-structured conversation, please contact me here or at mfelczak@swps.edu.pl. All the data from the study is anonymized by default. If you wish your input to be de-anonymized in the future research outcome (which would likely include peer-reviewed papers), you will have an option to do so. In exchange I can offer my never-ending gratitude and eternal (albeit symbolic) glory ?

If you wish to know more about the project(s) or myself, feel free to contact me via mail/PM or post in this thread. I hope this is not against any forum rules, but in case it does, please accept my apologies. Again, thanks for your interest!
StummvonBordwehrOlvynChuruTimbo0o0o0

Comments

• OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    edited July 2021
    Hi there! I'm a modder who has worked on some mods. Could you give more details on what this study is about? What do I need to do?
    StummvonBordwehr
  • MaarudMaarud Member Posts: 13
    OlvynChuru wrote: »
    Hi there! I'm a modder who has worked on some mods. Could you give more details on what this study is about? What do I need to do?

Hello! The study is mostly about the interplay between tabletop D&D and digital games which adapt the D&D ruleset. We're also interested in modding culture in general, e.g. the workflow, inspirations etc., especially in cRPGs with such a long history of continuous interest from the players and modders alike.

If someone agrees to help us out in this research, I will send a file with a short list of open-ended questions (up to 10) which can be answered at the recipient's discretion - which means, basically, that you can pick-and-choose on which topics you would like to elaborate. There's also an option to arrange a call via Skype/Zoom, should the written format be less convenient.

The bottom line is that it's very much a humanities-focused research, so no experimental treatments nor invasive data gathering methods would be implemented, we'd just like to get some first-hand accounts of IE/Aurora engines modding :)