Skip to content

[HELP] Custom BAM on Custom Item

Hello, I am a new modder trying to wrap my head around all things EE modding. I have been looking through some items others have made and I see others have created a custom BAM for their items that differentiates it from others in game.

I have modified the palette of another BAM and exported that to a new BAM file. I want to use that in my mod, but from what I can see I need to set the ICON value to a bam via Near Infinity. I cannot locate the custom BAM as it isn't in the game yet and NI doesn't know about it. I manually moved the BAM to the override folder as a test but I still was unable to get the value to update to the new BAM file. I've tried to manually edit as string, and I get errors with nearinfinity when trying to set the BAM for the Icon. (See WeiDU_ItemBAMInfo[2-3].png).

I had downloaded Unofficial Item Pack and looked at their custom icons and tp2 file to verify how they were handling it, and I imported their item into NI, and i can see the custom BAM name, but it doesn't show up in the list of available bams to select, and yet still works.

My question is, how exactly are we to set BAMs for items in near infinity? Does anyone have any insight on this? I've been scouring forums and can't seem to find a clear answer on how to utilize the BAM resource. Any help would seriously be appreciated.

Comments

• OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    If you've just made a new BAM in NearInfinity, you may need to click Game -> Refresh Tree in order for the new BAM to appear in the lists.
  • afrothundaaaaafrothundaaaa Member Posts: 16
    @OlvynChuru oddly enough it was a character length limit issue.