Skip to content

Hedging my bets against Ophyllis

AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
At the beginning of SoD you get to keep all your equipment and items, but Ophyllis gets beaten and robbed of your gold, correct?

So if I wanted to hedge my bets against this, once I bought all the equipment I wanted/needed throughout the first game I could, for example, start keeping all the gems and magical items I find instead of selling them for gold. Then right before the game ends, I could spend all my gold on repurchasing precious gems like rogue stones and beljuril. When SoD starts (after Korlasz's dungeon), I would then be almost penniless but packed with equipment I could sell to the Sorcerous Sundries so I could be rich again and buy whatever I want.

Is that a fair assumption or would my gems and other stuff also get removed when I start SoD?

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    That is a fair assumption and something that is advised. If you continue to SoD normally from BG:EE, all your items will transfer, including containers.
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    Brilliant. Thank you for confirming, Julius.