Skip to content

HoF solo: Berserker/Cleric or Berserker/Thief

Well, I just started a solo HoF with a Human Berserker. He has Dex=18 and Wis=18 and can dual-class both to Cleric and Thief. I'm planning to do it at level 29 (well, on solo HoF getting tons of XP is not a problem) to obtain an ultimate 30/29 dual-classed character. ;)

So, would U prefer Berserker/Thief or Berserker/Cleric ‽ B)

Currently my Berserker is in Kuldahar and has level 9.

Comments

• jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    Easily berserker/cleric, some of the game's best weapons are flails and 30th-level undead turning is super-strong.
    Yigor
  • YigorYigor Member Posts: 536
    jsaving wrote: »
    Easily berserker/cleric, some of the game's best weapons are flails and 30th-level undead turning is super-strong.

Great! I'll try this first. B)

How good could be Berserker/Thief of level 29/30 ‽
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,366
    Yigor wrote: »
    jsaving wrote: »

Great! I'll try this first. B)

How good could be Berserker/Thief of level 29/30 ‽

Other than laying traps, I think you'll find it underwhelming. Backstabbing isn't as viable in IWD because of the mobs of enemies you usually encounter. Swashbuckler dual to fighter might be fun. You'd lose some hit points but you wouldn't have to worry about locks/traps. There aren't as many mages in IWD, so berserker isn't quite the stud they are in BG/BG2.
    Yigor
    Balrog99 wrote: »
    Other than laying traps, I think you'll find it underwhelming. Backstabbing isn't as viable in IWD because of the mobs of enemies you usually encounter. Swashbuckler dual to fighter might be fun. You'd lose some hit points but you wouldn't have to worry about locks/traps. There aren't as many mages in IWD, so berserker isn't quite the stud they are in BG/BG2.

All right. Thanks for the idea to try swashbuckler/fighter dual! B)
    There is also a possibility to play berserker/druid, but not with my current character (cuz of additional requirement CHA=17+ in order to dual-class to druid). :|
    Balrog99 wrote: »
    There aren't as many mages in IWD, so berserker isn't quite the stud they are in BG/BG2.

Well, there are still those annoying wailing virgins on the Barbaric Island as well as Harpies in Riddlemaster Trials. ;)
    Balrog99
    Currently, my berserker has level 12 with great mastery in flails/morgensterns. But I'm still planning to attain lvl 29 before dual-classing. B)
    Current status: berserker of lvl 19 after completing 2 levels of Dragon's Eye. ?
    StummvonBordwehr
    Current status: Dual-classed Cleric/Berserker of lvl 8/29. I arrived at Yxunomei in Dragon's Eye with Berserker of lvl 27 but the fight with the 1st boss seemed too difficult for a pure fighter. ? I decided to delay this battle and went to Lonelywood, discussed with Barbarians and got enough XP to dual-class.

Now I should go to the Burial Isle. ⚔️
    edited August 2021
    Update: I avoided fighting on the Burial Isle, just took the Jerrod talisman (using the Sanctuary) and came back to Kuldahar, transported by Hjollder.

My character (lvl 12/29) has beaten Yxunomei relatively easily (thanks to a lucky petrification hit ?? from a flail bought in Lonelywood).

Now, he has just entered (lvl 14/29) Severed Hand fortress. ??
    Post edited by Yigor on
    StummvonBordwehrBalrog99
    One funny thing in the game with solo Berserker is when he goes in melee in the enraged state, fights till the end beyond natural quantity of HP, falls inconscious and comes back in few seconds with 1HP. ? Well, it's necessary to beat all surrounding monsters or escape (with good timing!) in a safe adjacent area, otherwise they finish your warrior in 1 hit. ?

It, actually, makes a huge difference with Barbarian who dies automatically in such situations. ✝️
    StummvonBordwehrBalrog99