Skip to content

[MOD] Achievements for everyone!

argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
Mod: Achievements!

Download from GitHub

Readme

Overview

This is a small mod that I created out of a spontaneous idea. Just as the name suggests, this mod makes Steam Achievements available for everyone as regular journal entries in the game without the need to play it through the Steam client. It is not needed to purchase the game from Steam either.

Journal entries will pop up whenever new achievements have been unlocked, along with a message in the log window that informs about the total number of unlocked achievements so far. In addition to the list of official achievements this mod also tracks a couple of unused achievements in SoD that were implemented in the game but apparently not registered in Steam.

Unlocked achievements can also be inspected in the item description of an Achievements Trophy which is available in selected stores across the games. See the readme for more details.

You can choose between two installation options which determine the detail level of the statistics presented by the Achievements Trophy.

Screenshots:
Compact Statistics:
teffftultzk2.jpg

Detailed Statistics:
8m19cjpz7060.jpg

The mod supports all Enhanced Edition games patched to version 2.0 or higher, which includes:
  • BG:EE (with or without SoD)
  • BG2:EE
  • EET
  • IWD:EE (since patch 1.4.0)
  • PST:EE
BubbCahirStummvonBordwehrGraionDilachTimbo0o0o0Mantis37StefanOJuliusBorisovALIENtl1942

Comments

• EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    Cute! Thankee, @argent77!
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    May we get this released on G3 news and added to the EET compatibility list?
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    Endarire wrote: »
    May we get this released on G3 news and added to the EET compatibility list?

Done.
    tl1942
  • tl1942tl1942 Member Posts: 178
    @argent77

OMG this mod is incredible!!! Like many others, I moved my install folders so I no longer play via the Steam client. Nevertheless, I would love to have achievements.

Can this be installed in an existing game? Say, after EET_end?

BTW, I'm a huge fan of your work. Just seeing an A7 mod in my install folder gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling. It makes me feel safe and happy. For me, the A7 prefix on a mod is like an official seal of quality.
    tl1942 wrote: »
    OMG this mod is incredible!!! Like many others, I moved my install folders so I no longer play via the Steam client. Nevertheless, I would love to have achievements.

Can this be installed in an existing game? Say, after EET_end?

BTW, I'm a huge fan of your work. Just seeing an A7 mod in my install folder gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling. It makes me feel safe and happy. For me, the A7 prefix on a mod is like an official seal of quality.

Thank you!

The mod can be installed after EET_end, even in an existing game. You might not be able to buy the trophy item if you already visited the respective stores before, though.
    tl1942
    A new version is available: Achievements! v2.0

It includes French translation and a new component that provides a couple of rewards based on your achievements progress.

Changelog:
    • Added French translation (thanks 11jo)
    • Added new component "Achievements reward"
    • Minor text fixes
  • Gabrielc7332Gabrielc7332 Member Posts: 2
    Hey, I'm new to the Baldurs Gate world and downloading mods for PC games. I installed the mod properly I believe but when I look in the journal I don't see any achievements. Do I have to unlock an achievement to see it pop up in the journal?
    edited July 2023
    Hey, I'm new to the Baldurs Gate world and downloading mods for PC games. I installed the mod properly I believe but when I look in the journal I don't see any achievements. Do I have to unlock an achievement to see it pop up in the journal?

Yes, journal entries will only be available for unlocked achievements, which may take a while depending on the game you're playing. They can also be tracked in the Achievements Trophy description if you've purchased it already (see readme for details).

You could also check the "WeiDU.log" file in the game folder whether the mod is actually installed, just to make sure.
    Update: Achievements! v2.1

Changelog:
    • Updated French translation (thanks JohnBob)