Skip to content

Curious Wizard Slayer/Mage double class

Dost it make any sense ‽

Well, I wanna try it on solo HoF from scratch, planning to get a great mastery in staffs LoL ?, then dual-class to mage at level 29. Theoretically, it could give an ultimate wizard slayer/mage of level 29/30 ‽

It looks like an awesome challenge. ?

Comments

• Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    Yigor wrote: »
    Dost it make any sense ‽

Well, I wanna try it on solo HoF from scratch, planning to get a great mastery in staffs LoL ?, then dual-class to mage at level 29. Theoretically, it could give an ultimate wizard slayer/mage of level 29/30 ‽

It looks like an awesome challenge. ?

Sounds like the wizard-hater just had an epiphany. Stranger things have happened... (shrugs) ?
    Yigor
  • YigorYigor Member Posts: 536
    My newly created character Junia (STR=18/94, DEX=CON=INT=18, WIS=10, CHA=7) has now level 5 in Easthaven. She could dual-class both to Mage and Thief. Currently, I'm planning to dual-class her to Mage at level 29 (it should happen on solo HoF somewhere in the depth of Dragon's Eye).

Currently, Junia is struggling with Easthaven's goblins attracting them 1 by 1. She has 2 slots in two-handed weapons and 3 slots in staffs. Normally, it's enough to kill 1 HoF goblin or wolf in the melee! LoL ? However, it will be cheesier vs mobs of orcs in the Easthaven's cave. ?
    Balrog99 wrote: »

Sounds like the wizard-hater just had an epiphany. Stranger things have happened... (shrugs) ?

Well, indeed, psychologically speaking, it could happen that a wizard-hater suddenly realizes that the magic is great! LoL ?
    Balrog99
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Yigor wrote: »
    Balrog99 wrote: »

Well, indeed, psychologically speaking, it could happen that a wizard-hater suddenly realizes that the magic is great! LoL ?

Maybe he's the kind of guy who loves magic but hates seeing others use it. A "doesn't practice what he preaches" type.
    Balrog99Yigor
    Well, honestly, wizard slayer sucks. ? Basically, in IWD, it's just a fighter with severe restrictions on magic equipment. The magic resistence is (almost) useless vs mobs of monsters going in melee.

I played a bit, but the gameplay is tedious on HoF and uninspiring (contrary to my solo with Berserker).

So, I exported my char (not planning to pursue this idea at the moment). ?
    Balrog99
    I pursue this idea in one of my games:

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/82679/hof-trio-berserker-cleric-kensai-thief-and-wizard-slayer-mage

Current status: Wizard Slayer29/Mage10. ⚙️
  • WulcyWulcy Member Posts: 32
    edited March 2023
    I like it. I understand the Wizard Slayer is supposed to hate wizards, but why not use fire against fire? Maybe literally.