Skip to content

"Use Any Item" and Clerics

For a dual or multi-class Cleric/Thief, does the Thief ability "Use Any Item" override the Clerics weapons restrictions?

Comments

• JaxsbudgieJaxsbudgie Member Posts: 600
    Yus!
    Forse
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    But you won't be proficient with non cleric weapons.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    Not even Thiefy weapons? *sadface*
  • BugratBugrat Member Posts: 118
    Non-proficiency isn't that big of a deal in ToB though right... your THAC0 will be so low anyway. I don't remember it being a big problem for the cleric/thief I played a while back. One of my favorite character builds.
    QuartzForseBrude
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited November 2012
    Bugrat said:

Non-proficiency isn't that big of a deal in ToB though right... your THAC0 will be so low anyway. I don't remember it being a big problem for the cleric/thief I played a while back. One of my favorite character builds.

The cleric half gets enough buff spells to override the negative of no proficiency for certain items.
    Post edited by elminster on
    sandmanCCLStormvessel
  • sandmanCCLsandmanCCL Member Posts: 1,389
    I usually hacked in what should be legal proficiency points after I got use all items. At level up, I'd stick it in something I didn't have any points in (single weapon style, usually), then open shadow keeper to stick it in what I wanted to use.

It'd work that way in 3e, so I feel no guilt at all about it.
    RAM021
  • ARKdeEREHARKdeEREH Member Posts: 531
    Yes, my Cleric/Thief uses Carsomyr. Of course, she doesn't have any proficiency in two handed swords, but it's still fun to play with.
    Stormvesselmessy