Skip to content

Hide harder?

Hi, it has been about impossible for my FTM to hide since I started a new run few days ago.
I play on Android with last update.
My character has now 120~ in both Hide and Move Silenty and even without armors it is about impossible to hide even in the wild, even at night, even staying between trees in their shadows.

So the only way to backstab now it's to use invisibility spells, potions or the like...is that normal/wanted?

Comments

• ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    edited August 2021
    Hi, it has been about impossible for my FTM to hide since I started a new run few days ago.
    I play on Android with last update.
    My character has now 120~ in both Hide and Move Silenty and even without armors it is about impossible to hide even in the wild, even at night, even staying between trees in their shadows.

So the only way to backstab now it's to use invisibility spells, potions or the like...is that normal/wanted?

That's odd and shouldn't be happening. As far as I know, light armor doesn't affect Stealth at all. You just won't have the Stealth button option if you're wearing armor that doesn't allow it. Meaning, no armor vs leather armor shouldn't make a difference.
    The only thing that's checked, as far as I know, is the average of your hide in shadows and move silently score vs the lighting of the place. Of course even at maxed out score a small chance of failure remains, but it shouldn't be impossible.

Are you wearing stuff like elven chain that gives a Stealth penalty? Or are there hostile creatures in your line of sight, no matter if they can see you? Any mods or tweaks that might have messed it up?

I have a fighter/thief on Android who can hide without problems, but that's in the 2.6 beta, so if you have neither of the above reasons that give penalty (elven chain etc) or failure (hostile creature in your line of sight) you might want to try that.
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    Fatigue will also lower your chances of Stealth, as it negatively affects your luck, but you would need a lot for it to make a difference.
  • NymMoondownNymMoondown Member Posts: 219
    I tried with no armor at all, without being fatigued, and without enemies in the area.
    And I'm playing with no mods, is it possible to install them on Android now?
  • GraionDilachGraionDilach Member Posts: 581
    edited August 2021
    As far as I'm aware, there were successful modding attempts on Android via creating a counterpart PC install, setting up a modded install there and then copying the resulting override folder back to the Android.

Is this really BGEE? I have heard that SoD has some areas where hiding is entirely disabled (I don't play backstabber thieves).
  • NymMoondownNymMoondown Member Posts: 219
    Yes, BGEE.
    There are some areas where it is easier to hide. But for example it's about impossible to hide outside the Friendly Arm, as in Bandit Camp area.
  • ConjurerDragonConjurerDragon Member Posts: 110
    Yes, BGEE.
    There are some areas where it is easier to hide. But for example it's about impossible to hide outside the Friendly Arm, as in Bandit Camp area.

Is your character carrying a lot and is perhaps overencumbered?