Skip to content

The Song of Alianna - A Necromance

2»

Comments

• Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    edited August 2021
    With Xzar now dead, Alianna becomes more uncertain about the path she has chosen. She decides it is time to do what she should have done in the first place: she returns to the Friendly Arm Inn to beg Jaheira and Khalid for their help. She is surprised and disappointed by their response.
    abtwue7asgj1.png
    7hkukf6a6oya.png

Alianna is embarrassed at the off-hand way they dismiss her, especially because they do it right in front of her companions Kagain and Brawnen. Imoen keeps her mouth shut - for a change - but in her head Alianna can still hear her saying 'told ya so!'. Alianna finds the whole experience mortifying and feels it has lessened her in the eyes of her companions. This is particularly galling because she had just read a self-help book called the Tome of Leadership and Influence and she had hoped that it would give her more confidence and make people like her. Judging by the reaction of Khalid and Jaheira it hasn't done any good at all.

So Alianna leaves the Friendly Arm Inn chastened and disconsolate. But beneath all her uncertainty she is slowly becoming stronger. She has become a Level 3 Cleric and Level 2 Necromancer.
    h113tpqm2qnn.png
    0s3tnafuhga5.png
    She is now wearing Elven Chainmail, which doesn't show up on the mage avatar, so I used the Avatar Morphing Script from the Tweaks Anthology to change her from a mage to a cleric https://www.gibberlings3.net/subpages/tweaks/cosmetic/

I think the Elven Chainmail comes from Dorn's quest but I am using the Convenient EE NPCs that removes the new NPCs and makes their quest items available in stores: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/43074/mod-convenient-enhanced-edition-npcs-for-bg-ee-sod-and-bg2-ee/p1

Dynaheir's appears as a party member in the last two screenshots but she was only with the party for the time it took to deliver her from the Gnoll Fortress to Nashkel, where Alianna left her standing next to Minsc.
    Alianna and her party are wandering rather aimlessly in the Valley of the Tombs when they are attacked by a group of assassins. Alianna is confident that she and her companions can easily overcome this 'little group of amazons' but the fight quickly goes against them. She and Branwen fail to disrupt the enemy spellcasters in time and Kagain succumbs to rigid thinking. The enemy all make their saves against successive Hold Person spells and continue to rain arrows upon the party. Alianna is poisoned and then killed by another arrow while she is attempting to drink an antidote.
    joed5z9k3wuj.png
    re7xj72ec6fw.png

So the Song of Alianna comes to an early end. However, I have been enjoying the run so I am planning to start again with a slightly different version of the same character . . .

• energisedcamelenergisedcamel Member Posts: 110
    Gone too soon! I could never do a no-reload run myself, but I can see how it might make you more attached to a character (because I'm sad that Alianna's story won't go any further, and she's not even mine). Hopefully the next iteration has more luck!
    Gone too soon! I could never do a no-reload run myself, but I can see how it might make you more attached to a character (because I'm sad that Alianna's story won't go any further, and she's not even mine). Hopefully the next iteration has more luck!

Thanks @energisedcamel . I'm going to try to be a bit more careful next time out. Mind you I thought I was being careful this time. Looking back I think it was foolish to go with a four person party. It means you level up faster but it also means that if you get into trouble you have fewer options to get you out of it.