Skip to content

Flails and Morningstars

NK1990NK1990 Member Posts: 75
So I noticed the damage type has been changed to crushing for flails and morningstars, does that mean these weapons do not do piercing damage as well ?. If so, does anyone know of a mod to change this back, because I think it was genious design choice from vanilla BG2. Because of the spiked heads :| . And as far as I remember it was only specific for flails and morningstars, so it was not and error from previous game developers, it was intentionally made like that.

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    if you want you can use the program near infinity to change them to piercing damage

although with that being said, im pretty sure even flails and morning stars dealt crushing damage in the original BG2 since i would use them for killing clay golems back in the day
  • NK1990NK1990 Member Posts: 75
    they dealt bludge bludgeoning and piercing damage.
    maybe I can copy the flails and morningstars from the original game and put them in as a item pack mod instead.
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    edited May 2021
    NK1990 wrote: »
    So I noticed the damage type has been changed to crushing for flails and morningstars, does that mean these weapons do not do piercing damage as well ?. If so, does anyone know of a mod to change this back, because I think it was genious design choice from vanilla BG2. Because of the spiked heads :| . And as far as I remember it was only specific for flails and morningstars, so it was not and error from previous game developers, it was intentionally made like that.

I just checked vanilla BG2 (with TOB installed), and flails and morningstars did crushing damage even back then. The same goes for vanilla BG1 (with TOTSC installed). Either this was something changed by the expansions, something changed by a mod you played back then, or you're remembering it wrong.
    OlvynChuru wrote: »

I just checked vanilla BG2 (with TOB installed), and flails and morningstars did crushing damage even back then. The same goes for vanilla BG1 (with TOTSC installed). Either this was something changed by the expansions, something changed by a mod you played back then, or you're remembering it wrong.

I am not sure now.
    If I look at wiki fandom page it also says crushing on both weapon types, I will check for myself on a original install.
    I for certain have a memory in head of me thinking out that I needed to give my fighter a bastard sword and the flail, because the flail of ages gave bludgeoning and piercing damage, listed with the piercing damage lowest in the item description.
    So I would have all three damage types on my strikes, it could be a mod, but I did not know how to mod the game before after I started playing the EE version. It could be another game maybe, it weirds me out a little to be honest.
    OlvynChuru wrote: »

Seems like you were right.
    Lol it was in NWN 1 :hushed: