Skip to content

Current XP higher than "Next Level" on character sheet?

shraintershrainter Member Posts: 3
Hi,

I'm playing Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition on macOS; it's my first time playing the game, I haven't ever played the original 'non-enhanced' version of PS:T, so I'm not sure whether this is a problem or a case of me misunderstanding the interface.

Two of the three characters in my party (The Nameless One and Morte) currently have XP levels listed on their character sheets that are seemingly much higher than the listed requirements to level up.

The Nameless One:
djfb2dweob0a.png

Morte:
ajw46tqusfk6.png

Is there something special I need to do to actually level up? Am I misreading this somehow? Is it a level cap or something that's preventing further leveling up? I'd really appreciate some insight into what is going on here.

I'm not sure if it's related or relevant, but I also noticed that every time I load a saved game, it acts as though The Nameless One and Morte have both just leveled up (text above their heads, spoken dialogue lines).

Thanks very much for your help.

Edit: I figured it out shortly after posting this. In case anyone comes upon this thread in the future when searching, you need to click the '+' sign next to a character's health bar, or the "level up" button on the character sheet, to actually "accept" the level up when it happens. I didn't find anything like this when I searched some relevant keywords, so maybe this will help someone as dumb as I am in the future. Sorry to have made a useless thread like this!
Post edited by shrainter on

Comments

• YigorYigor Member Posts: 536
    Yes, the levelling up is not automatic. In some situations (e.g. dual-classing), it's better to wait and jump several levels up in order to correctly distribute proficiency points. ?