Skip to content

Baldur's gate EE and baldur's gate 2 EE changed resolution?

I don't know what caused this, but today I opened bg2 EE and everything was blurry, even the menus... Even though it's still in fullscreen it's running at a much lower resolution than it was yesterday, probably 800x600. I didn't mess with any config files except baldur.lua for bg2, but the first baldurs gate is also at this terrible resolution. Since there's no option for it in the options menu... what did I do and how do I fix it?

Comments

• GraionDilachGraionDilach Member Posts: 581
    Enabling Windows's display scaling sounds like the issue. I'm not sure why you enabled it, bit if you need it, create a shortcut to Baldur.exe from your installation folder, go to Properties, Compatibility and override Hi-DPI settings to be application controlled.
    SomeOnesBodyJuliusBorisov
  • SomeOnesBodySomeOnesBody Member Posts: 25
    Enabling Windows's display scaling sounds like the issue. I'm not sure why you enabled it, bit if you need it, create a shortcut to Baldur.exe from your installation folder, go to Properties, Compatibility and override Hi-DPI settings to be application controlled.

Got it! It wasn't display scaling, I had left a drawing tablet plugged in without noticing... Must have been using THAT device as a display? Not entirely sure, but unplugging it fixes this, thank you so much!
    GraionDilachBalrog99JuliusBorisov