Skip to content

Universal binary release for MacOS

Hi,
will be universal binary (ARM) the next release of Baldur's Gate ?

...don't tell me that there is Rosetta2 working well, the future is that and Baldur's Gate cannot be an unsupported game (please)...

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    Hi there! We'll try looking at additional systems for the 2.7 patch. At this stage, however, we'd appreciate if more people could share their experiences of playing our Enhanced Editions on all new systems, including those innovations on Mac.
  • Alessandro1970Alessandro1970 Member Posts: 10
    Hi,

any news for an ARM release for the recent models of MAC Apple Silicon ?
    Rosetta2 will be removed next OS release and x64 code never works anymore
  • DesathDesath Member Posts: 2
    Can't get nwn ee to work (crashes on startup) on my macbook air m1 running rosetta 2. Any ideas what might be going wrong? i note others have said they can run the game using the same system as me :(
  • jimdad55jimdad55 Member Posts: 75
    Just bought a new iMac and opened the game a couple of days ago. Had an issue with saved games disappearing but had to reinstall the OSA after phoning Apple support about data migration. When I opened the game just now it asked me to install Rosetta. This was strange as i thought it ran natively on Macs. however, I installed Rosetta, the saved games are back and so far ( early days) it is running fine.