Skip to content

Aerie / Haer Dalis romance

How does this actually work? Are there a series of talks, or just one incident? What is the variable that governs this issue?

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    It's a series of talks. More than ten of them, with progress tracked by a LoveTalk variable local to Haer'Dalis. If the player is romancing Aerie, there's a decision point in there for her.
  • rossbach451rossbach451 Member Posts: 168
    jmerry wrote: »
    It's a series of talks. More than ten of them, with progress tracked by a LoveTalk variable local to Haer'Dalis. If the player is romancing Aerie, there's a decision point in there for her.

Would you happen to know the variable? I am not seeing much under HD local variables that might run it. Maybe if I knew it I could kick-start this thing. Thanks for the help thus far!
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    Literally "LoveTalk". If it exists (with a value greater than zero), the Aerie/Haer'Dalis romance has started.

There is also a global "HaerDalisRomanceActive" variable which tracks the state of the romance, with a similar convention to the player romances.

The Aerie/Haer'Dalis romance will not start if the player is already in a committed relationship with Aerie (AerieRomanceActive = 2).
  • rossbach451rossbach451 Member Posts: 168
    You are the best, thank you!
  • AmmarAmmar Member Posts: 1,297
    Also there used to be several tweak mods that broke the romance on purpose as it can lead to a player-npc conflict. It was quite easy to miss that those mods did that.

Thankfully Tweaks Anthology moved disabling the HD/Aerie romance to a separate component instead of having it as part of the Npc Don't Fight component, because I think removing it detracts from the game.